TPLink Archer C1200 Dropping Network Connection Frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-06 12:28:52
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.2

Hey All,

I've recently purchased a TP-link Router AC1200, but it is not providing a stable connection. It disconnects 4-5 times a day. while my old tp link router does not have any connection issues.

By reading different threads on community. I've applied different firmware but still not getting stable connection. After changing to Beta firmware and disabled many options like SPI firewall / ALG (Application layer gateway) / NAT Boost / USB & Print Server / IPV6 options it has been decrease the disconnection frequency to 2-3 times.

Actually router is not rebooting, it loose the connection for 20-30 seconds and again connected to internet. But due to disconnections my ongoing work is hampering.

Many times I've observe that after disconnection CPU load is 100%.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TPLink Archer C1200 Dropping Network Connection Frequently
2021-08-06 15:07:14

@Arpit01 

Where are you seeing the 100% CPU usage?

Sometimes this type of issues is caused by heat. Ensure the router is well vented.

Are just the Ethernet ports effected or is WIFI effected also?

Have you reviewed the Modem logs?

Check you cables and ensure good connection.

If you still have the old router, try using it for a bit to ensure it is the router that has the issue.

Options