Deco M5 1.6.0

Re:[New Firmware] Deco M5 1.6.0
2022-05-20 14:00:40 - last edited 2022-05-26 14:16:51

is this new version fix the issue were  the Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet?   @TP-Link 

Options
3 weeks ago

@TP-Link 

Installed the 2022.03.07 firmware for M5 version 3.8 hardware last night. Noticing a couple of things that are not working (seemingly). I'm using Brave browser to log onto the tplink.deco.net site, on a MacBook Air (2020) MacOS 11.6. I realize the website is not a priority, but thought I'd report it here. 

1. On the Network Map - Clients screen, the filter by device tab does not filter the devices connected. It continues to show all devices. 

2. On the Network Map - beneath the central icon representing the base station device, when the All Deco Map is expanded, clicking on one of the devices reveals a notification that "Operation Failed" which goes away after 3 seconds. 

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@TP-Link  After being installed for < 24 hours, the extremely noticeable internet delays and dropouts have lessened, or said another way, the wifi reliability has improved. 

Also, doing a speedtest, internet speeds have not worsened, as one user reported on a previous version of the 1.60 firmware beta. I could not say if they have improved, as I've not been keeping tabs on our throughput until working to troubleshoot this issue. 

I have another competitor's hardware sitting on the shelf that I got today if this does not fix the issue. Enough messing around with this. 

Oh, and your website gives "Server Exception" notices about 9 out of 10 times when trying to post on this site. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@VaeVictus 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Would it be possible to record a video clip about these issues on the web UI to support.forum@tp-link.com?

1. On the Network Map - Clients screen, the filter by device tab does not filter the devices connected. It continues to show all devices. 

--Do you refer to the settings here:

e4fbf81a1806411285030ffb5b2084b4

2. On the Network Map - beneath the central icon representing the base station device, when the All Deco Map is expanded, clicking on one of the devices reveal a notification that "Operation Failed" which goes away after 3 seconds. 

--it is the map and by clicking each Deco, it reports "operation failed"?

b1001c7192994fc1b2e906a7801a28ad

Do you have this issue just after the 1.6.0 upgrade since I seemed to receive similar feedback on the 1.5.x version before?

As for the issue here," your website gives "Server Exception" notices about 9 out of 10 times when trying to post on this site", I also had this issue today and less frequently than you had experienced. I guess it might be due to the new tag filtering features and the engineers are already working out it.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options