Deco M5 1.6.1

Deco M5 1.6.1

53 Reply
Re:Deco M5 1.6.0
2022-07-18 18:27:50

@TP-Link I am running 1.6.0 on my Deco M5 and it seems that the internet connection randomly drops  for 30 seconds or less and then returns. I have the M5 connected behind a Verizon FIOS router and the Verizon router LEDs are flashing normally when the M5 drops the connection. Where do I find the event log for the M5?

Options
2022-07-19 03:08:54

@MrKeiKun Thanks for the feedback. I think it is a nice idea and I will note it down and forward it to the senior engineers for further evaluation.

And it is also suggested that you could start a new thread about it so that other users will comment on your post if they have the same need.

Best regards.

layer4dad2 and Reg000, Hi, I see similar feedback somewhere else and after restarting all Deco units and waiting about 2 minutes, the user updated the client list is normal now.

Maybe you could have a try as well.

Hi Reg000, for the laptop issue, may I know its model number and operating system?

Is it connected to Deco via wifi or Ethernet cable?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-20 08:04:12

@gebjeff 

Nice to see you again.

I believe your network layout is still like this:

Verion Fios---Actiontec router---Deco M5)))(( satellite Deco M5

For the unstable issue, could you please help me check the following details:

Did the network instability start after the 1.6.0 upgrade?

Will you see any Deco M5 turn red?

Will all the devices(wired and wireless) get affected?

Later if the same issue continued, please also check the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to see whether there is any change in the IPV4 settings during the disconnection.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Options
2022-07-20 15:17:25

@David-TP 

Your description of my current network is correct and here's the answers to your questions.

David-TP wrote

@gebjeff 

Nice to see you again.

I believe your network layout is still like this:

Verion Fios---Actiontec router---Deco M5)))(( satellite Deco M5

For the unstable issue, could you please help me check the following details:

Did the network instability start after the 1.6.0 upgrade? Yes, it did.

Will you see any Deco M5 turn red? Yes, I do.

Will all the devices(wired and wireless) get affected? All of my devices are wireless and yes, they are all affected.

Later if the same issue continued, please also check the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 to see whether there is any change in the IPV4 settings during the disconnection. It is currently set to Dynamic IP, as it has always been. I'll try to look the next time we have the intermittent outage.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Options
2022-07-21 17:34:34

@TP-Link  Since we updated our Deco M5V3 on 7/15/2022, our TV no longer connects to the WiFi. It recognizes the WiFi signal as being excellent strength, but will not connect. It will connect to our mini-WiFi hot spot.

I read various articles/posts about issues with TVs connecting to mech systems. However, our TV connected fine for the last 18 months that we had the mesh system in place. I read different advise about turning off the Fast Roaming, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of the seamless connection beneift of the Mesh system for the other clients/devises connected to the WiFi. Please provide a solution. 

Additionally, our iPhones will not connect to the Deco WiFi after the update. The iPhones recognize the WiFi network, but just continues to spin when we selet the network to connect. We forgot the network and readded it. We rebooted the devices, the modem and the router. We turned on and off airplane mode, which worked once or twice.

This new update has not been pleasant for our home wi-fi system. Please help!

Options
2022-07-27 15:56:59

@TP-Link since the 1.6.0 update, my entire network is not working correctly.  Wireless and wired devices constantly connect and disconnect.  Internet pages often hang while loading.  I'm getting devices with conflicting IP addresses.  Do you know when the firmware will be updated?

Options
2022-07-28 03:47:28

layer4dad2 Reg000

How are you recently?

I am wondering whether the blank client list issue still existed?

If yes, would it be possible to share some screenshots with me and I would love to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-07-28 06:42:30 - last edited 2022-07-28 06:44:47

@ChrisB1970 

Thanks for the feedback.

Our senior engineers are very concerned about the feedback on 1.6.0 and I would like to follow up on your case by email.

Please check whether you have got an email from me later.

Thank you again.

Best regards!

-----------------

Maybe a kindly reminder for all please:

Occasionally  I would see some feedback about 1.6.0 and the description is quite simple, it would be hard to capture what happened and locate the differences and connections. So It would be highly appreciated if you could add more observations/details during the disconnection, such as model numbers/error messages, anything you think that helps. Other users might also have a chance to share suggestions with us. Thank you very much.

Options
2022-07-28 13:42:09

@David-TP I have not yet gotten a direct email from you.  I really want to resolve this issue ASAP.  I work from home and the constant interuptions are making it hard to properly do my job.

Options
2022-07-29 02:02:31

@ChrisB1970 

Hi, the ticket number is #TKID220730804, Did you get it?

Or could you mind sending an email to support.forum@tp-link.com to me?

Best regards.

Options
Related Articles