Unknown wireless router in my Theter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 05:26:13 - last edited 2021-09-08 00:55:37
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719

Hi there,

I'm getting notifications of new device connected to my wifi network, but it appears as UNKNOWN. I started to see a router attached in the Theter app, but cannot identify its mac address nor its IP address... Is there a way to get these details from the app or the webapp?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unknown wireless router in my Theter-Solution
2021-09-07 16:28:26 - last edited 2021-09-08 00:55:37

@Kevin_Z yes, I connected a Google Wifi Router in my shed. The AX6000 is connected directly to an Ziply Fiber modem. I believe that's the reason why it appears. Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unknown wireless router in my Theter
2021-09-07 11:15:16

@VicRed 

Are there any other wireless routers in this network? Please check if you can find any unknown devices in the router client list.

How is the AX6000 connected to the network, is it connected to the network from an ISP modem, or it connects directly to the cable that comes from the wall? If there is no other wireless router in your network, I guess it belongs to others but it is in the same sub-network of yours, that's why it shows up.

BTW, who is your ISP?

Options
2021-09-07 15:13:54

@VicRed ***EXPERIENCING EXACT SAME ISSUE ON ARCHER AX3000*** - I just noticed that I'm experiencing the exact same issue with my Tether App in which I am seeing an unknown router listed under the "My Devices" list.  Looks identical to your screenshot on my Tether App and as I use my App quite often this issue has only just appeared today(possibly began yesterday as I don't recall using my app at any point throughout the day).  The other, and much more IMPORTANT issue, I'm experiencing is that I'm now unable to login to my AX3000 via the Tether App; thus, rendering the Tether App unusable.  My service provider is SPECTRUM and my network is performing fine otherwise...  Currently, as a result of these coinciding issues on the TETHER APP, I'm forced to log in directly to the Web Management Page in order to manage my AX3000.  Please provide a rationale as to what might be the root problem that would cause these malfunctions, Unknown Device(Wireless Router) appearing under my AX3000 in device list and inability to log in to my AX3000, with regards to the Tether App...  THANKS

Options
Re:Unknown wireless router in my Theter-Solution
2021-09-07 16:28:26 - last edited 2021-09-08 00:55:37

@Kevin_Z yes, I connected a Google Wifi Router in my shed. The AX6000 is connected directly to an Ziply Fiber modem. I believe that's the reason why it appears. Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-08 00:55:29

@VicRed 

I see. So that's could be the Google wifi router in the network, as it cannot be identified by the Tether app, it displays as Unknown.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 832

Replies: 4

Related Articles