Are powerline adapters not compatible with Lightning Protection systems?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-19 02:56:33
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I have an issue and need a short-term solution for ethernet between floors in my house.  I could get 800 Mbps in the same room at different sockets but in the next room over only 70Mbps all on the same power panel.  I do have a serious lightning protector on both power panels due to some unusual geology.  Is this the reason I get slow speeds?  Getting ready to return these AV1000s because they are not getting the job done.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Are powerline adapters not compatible with Lightning Protection systems?
2021-09-22 09:57:59 - last edited 2021-09-22 10:05:48

Hello @Willstuff  May I know is there any surge protector in your lightning protection system, if yes, surge protector could be the cause of the issue. 

Surge protectors are usually connected to places where electric wires enter the house (Surge protector we're talking  here is for lightning protection, not the surge protector power strip) , if power line need to work across those surge protectors, it could  affect PLC communication.

Options
Re:Are powerline adapters not compatible with Lightning Protection systems?
2021-11-10 06:20:25
Yes, there are two serious surge protectors on the two power panels due to some unusual geography. The entire area is covered in mica and there was even a mine in the back of my property. When lighting strikes it does not go down it goes out and causes horrific damage.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 2