Powerline Adapter Same Circuit???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-13 16:53:54
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 4.8

Trying to connect these 2 units. As long as they are in the same room they connect fine. When I move one to the other end of the house it will not connect. Both power circuits are fed from same breaker box. On different breakers.

Do they have to be on the same side of the 220 input to the breaker box? That's the only thing I can think of that is different between the 2 breakers.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter Same Circuit???
2021-10-14 23:51:59

@jwwhite 

As long as the two outlets are powered by breakers in the same panel that powerline kit should be working.  What lights are lit and what color when the remote unit is in the far end outlet?

Options
2021-10-15 13:23:53

@Carl  Well this is the most confusing thing ever.

On that particular breaker there are 7 outlets. on 4 of the seven the unit works fine. The other 3 it won't work. Those 3 are on both sides of the same wall. 

They all have power and according to my tester they are wired correctly. There is nothing special plugged into any of them except a couple of usb chargers. Unplugging the chargers didn't make any difference.

Any ideas as to what could cause that sort of problem?

I always get a power light. I get the ethernet light when the ethernet is hooked up. I get the powerline light when it connects. On the ones it won't connect I don't get the powerline light but get the other 2 lights.

Thanks for any help,

Jim

Options
2021-10-15 13:36:58

@Carl 

Found the culprit.  The device I wanted to use this with is a Tablo OTA device. Apparently if it is within a foot or so of the Link adapter it causes some sort of interference. If I get it further away then it is ok. I haven't hooked up the ethernet cable yet to see if that will kill it again. But will do so soon.

Thanks again,

Options
2021-10-15 20:16:58

@jwwhite 

Nice, thank you for letting me know.

Options