Connecting to scanner on tp-links' isp server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 04:26:45
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v5

Goodday all,

I have a tp-link router setup as local network with my home router as isp. I frequently abuse this local network for testing hence why I want to keep it separate from the home-network.

It all works perfectly, but there is one thing that I can't really get working. I have a printer-scanner combo connected with wifi to the home-router, which I would like to connect to from a pc that is connected to the tp-link-router. Currently on the pc I have a custom configuration for a 'standard TCP/IP-port' set to the ip address of the printer in the home-network. This works great for printing, but the scanning part doesn't work (I assume because it sort-of is a one-way-street in the current configuration).

So to make it easier to understand, here is a schematic display of the current setup:

┌───────────┐     ┌──────────────┐ 
 │home-router├-----┤tp-link-router│ 
 └─────┬─────┘     └───────┬──────┘ 
       |                   |        
   ┌───┴────┐              |        
   │printer&│        ┌─────┴────┐   
   │scanner │        │windows-pc│   
   └────────┘        └──────────┘   

When I connect the windows-pc directly to the home-router, both printing and scanning works. But when in the configuration above (with the 'standard TCP/ip port' configured to the correct ip), only printing is functional eventhough the printer is marked as offline by windows.

So the question is, how do I 'expose' the printer/scanner from the tp-link-router to the windows-pc so that all the functionalities (i.e. printing & scanning) work?

When researching it all points to port-forewarding, but from what I understand from it; this is the reversed case? So how do we achieve this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connecting to scanner on tp-links' isp server
2021-11-11 08:20:27

@iamzian16 

Hello, From your description I guess the Archer A10 should be working in AP mode, right? I will suggest you reconfigure the A10 into AP mode by following Case 2 in the guide below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/

Manually assign a static IP address on the A10 and make sure it is in the same IP subnet of the home router. Then check again if you can do scanning from the PC by connecting it to the A10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Related Articles