Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS

Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS

46 Reply
Re:Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS
2022-02-02 00:54:43

@SpiderLAN +1 here on SQM!!!

While I'm happy with my TP-Link EAP access points, I ultimately flashed OpenWRT onto my own router because I had so many issues with WiFi Calling being really unstable despite stock QoS. SQM works BEAUTIFULLY in managing competing priorities, rather than having to identify specific devices or app's/ports, that get priority. And now limitations on app's/devices in cases where there is competition for bandwidth. EVERYBODY is happy, and NOBODY is having issues with dropped WiFi Calling calls, flaky VOIP, Zooms, or buffering on streaming. It seems to be pretty fierce at the balancing act. On the downside for me, I now have to use a separate interface to manage the router, rather than Omada, which I use for the WAP's.

I'm configuring home and small business WiFi networks for clients... TP-Link just isn't in the running, due to lack of SQM. Ubiquiti has had it for years. Even Eero has it, and it's not even business-class.

Options
2022-02-07 23:03:28
+1 for SQM. We're coming from using Eeros as well and would love to see this integrated into the deco line (x60 here.)
Options
2022-03-07 22:30:21

@SpiderLAN I would very much love this option on my current Deco M9 Plus.  It would assist in managing traffic as it leaves my internal home network...

Options
2022-03-08 15:43:02

@TP-Link - this continues to be a very popular feature request. Is there any update on this that you can offer? I hope that the many users that desire this will be heard and this is something that is already in the works for our deco equipment. 

Options
2022-06-17 08:10:19

+1 as well, would love to see this feature.

Options
2022-06-27 17:41:51

@SpiderLAN 

+1 hope to get this feature added

Options
2022-09-05 13:26:06

@SpiderLAN 

YES PLEASE!!!

I signed up here just to reply YES, please bring SQM to Deco.

SQM using OpenWRT's default and recommended CAKE algorithm just works, and priorities traffic types logically. Nothing for the user to configure, just ON or OFF :)

While the Deco's QOS can be configured, no one has time to change the priority every time I switch between gaming and streaming and chatting. Nevermind that the custom QOS option allows illogical priorities because you know, 'choice'.

Basically, please please please bring SQM/CAKE to Deco.

Deco M9 plus Deco M5 BT HH5a running OpenWRT
Options
2022-09-07 13:11:53

Yes Please I would like SQM too!

Options
2022-09-11 07:27:20

I would love to see this also, I have an X73-DSL as my modem and router then 2 Deco X68s as access points. My children love gaming and I work from home, often taking video conferences so this feature would solve alot of my current pain points.

Options
2022-09-12 20:47:17 - last edited 2022-09-12 20:47:38

This has proven to be a very popular request it seems, thanks to everyone for all the support. So happy to see others sharing examples of why this would be a great thing for us to have!

@TP-Link - any update on this being considered and added to our Deco systems at some point? Support and desire for this feature is high, would love to get this moving as a future feature!

Options