Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS

Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS

46 Reply
Re:Feature request - SQM built into Deco firmware, not just QOS
2022-09-30 07:57:17

@SpiderLAN 

Upvote for this feature. Seems like my X60's have a lot of spare processing power (being a quad core) and this would be a good use of it. Have used Eero's CAKE implementation and Edgerouter's FQ_Codel. I don't see much a difference between them but having SQM vs none is a big difference.

Options
2022-10-14 11:08:52

@PYellow I currently use an Edgerouter X with SQM in front of my Deco's, and agree it smooth out the experience of having 2 Work from Home users and a student beautifully.

Literally feels like my internet is twice as fast even tough technically actually slightly slower.

TP-Link this would be a killer feature, and these protocols are literally free!

Options
2022-12-23 10:22:41
Hi I would also love to have this feature enabled on our deco X20
Options
2023-01-04 12:35:13 - last edited 2023-01-04 12:35:37

I would also like this feature added to Deco if possible.

I was going to create a new thread but I will ask here first. How good is the current QoS on Deco products for Bufferbloat? Is enabling QoS good enough to get A+ rating at waveform website test? 

Options
2023-01-24 15:54:09

Please consider this another upvote for SQM to address bufferbloat. We are considering extending our deco mesh network but will have to move to another product unless this is added quickly as videoconferencing is a requirement and decos introduce bufferbloat that makes it problematic.

Options
2023-04-01 10:18:46

@TP-Link Deco XE75 owner here. I also want SQM. Any updates on this feature?

Options
2023-04-05 16:49:57

@TP-Link

+1 for SQM. Many devices from other brand already have this feature e.g. Eero Pro 5, IQRouter IQRV3, NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR1000, etc.

I hope this feature will be available on TP-Link devices.

Options
2023-07-16 01:34:18

@SpiderLAN 

yes please I also am requesting SQM to be added for my Deco TP-Link Deco AXE5300.  

Here's a post that shows vast improvement in latency with SQM turned on in their E E R O router:

Google:  tidbits use apples network quality tool to test internet responsiveness 

absolutely wrestling with latency issues at home and would love my Deco to add SQM.  On his E E R O  Mesh router his responsiveness went from 162 to over 1300.  Wow! SQM to the rescue just by switching it on in the E E R O  Mesh Router.

Options
2023-07-16 19:11:17 - last edited 2023-07-16 19:11:43

+1 for Adding SQM to the deco products (I own 3 X50-Poe's).

I have got a specific request to add the "cake-autorate" SQM algorithm (https://github.com/lynxthecat/cake-autorate). This a specific version of the CAKE algorithm that automatically adjusts the bandwidth settings to the available bandwidth, in order to fix bufferbloat issues on variable bandwith connections like 4G/5G and starlink. 

Options
2023-07-16 20:36:16

@robdr 

as for features request, agree.  And also for QOS:  feel like a dummy since my ISP increased speeds by 20% for free.  But I didn't know for months since all my speed tests were set (and constrained to my input maximum) by me in the QOS page of the Deco App.  

here's a Feature Request-- have the Drco app occasionally run an ISP speed test.  It it exceeds the input on QOS input by user, recommend a new setting.  

Options