uPnP not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

uPnP not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
uPnP not working
uPnP not working
2022-02-05 20:38:19
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, as the title suggests, the uPnP portmap table is empty, why? uPnP is on and my pc has static ip in the lan network.

Options
3 Reply
Re:uPnP not working
2022-02-15 03:21:49

Hi @jjhomie 

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to reply you late. Forum has been busy recently. 

There are two possible reasons that uPnP portmap table is empty.

Possible reason one: Your PC is not recognized by the router. 

Please go to router DHCP list and check if your PC is listed there. 

If not, please check the physical connection between router and PC and refer to this guide to assign a static IP to the PC

How to configure Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers (new logo)?

Possible reason two: PC does not send any request to open the corresponding ports, so that router does not detect any requirement. 

May I know which port you need to open? And why you need to open port?

You may refer to this guide to manually open port and see if it works:

Port forwarding: how to set up virtual server on TP-Link wireless router?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-02-15 10:43:31

@Kevin_Z Hello, thank you for your response, let me describe the issue: I play online games a lot, but I've noticed that I keep getting laggier and laggier as the game goes, so I started checking things out and noticed that my uPnP table is blank. You can point to other things, like memory leaks etc, but this happens bot on my PC and PS4, so most likely it has to do with the internet.

Options
2022-02-16 07:07:24

Hi @jjhomie 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Do you have this lagging problem only when you play games, or do other online behaviors also have this problem, such as watching videos and browsing the web?

And may I know how your PC and PS4 are connected to the router? via wireless connection or Ethernet connection?

If they are connected via wireless connection, please try to change the router channel width to a higher channel width, and try different channels to find best one.  

Changing Channel and Channel Width on a TP-Link Router (new logo)

If they are connected via Ethernet connection, please connect your PS4 or PC directly to your modem via the same Ethernet cable bypass TP-Link router, and see if you will get the same issue. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2768

Replies: 3

Related Articles