Archer A7 DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 DNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Archer A7 DNS
2022-09-14 19:11:52

@davegold  Is there a way to log an RFE for this feature--have local dhcp addresses added to the existing dns server included with the product?

I see your workarounds, and the only equivalent one would be to have dhcp and dns handled by something other than the archer unit.

Thanks,

Dave

Options
2022-09-14 20:51:35 - last edited 2022-09-14 21:04:08

@davegold 

The router does not have a DNS server.  It forwards all DNS requests to the servers indicated in the router config.  You can try flashing it with an open source firmware to perhaps gain DNSmasq featires but you would lose TP-Link support.  It looks like Open-WRT supports the A7 but I do not have as much experience with it although documentation does say the DNSmasq service "can serve the names of local machines which are not in the global DNS".

Options
2022-09-14 21:57:05

@davegold 

Hi,

I believe you missed the purpose of my last email. I was asking if you could log an RFE for this feature.

Is that something you can do, or is there another way to log my request.

Dave

Options
2022-09-16 14:17:45

@davegold 

I didn't misunderstand but was clarifying current possible soultions.  I am uncertain if TP-Link has an RFE process, but I would imagine they would not invest too much time adding features like those you are asking for on a budget router intended for basic home use.

Options
2022-09-23 18:15:31

@davegold,

For the community, we have a dedicated feature and product request section of our forum that we monitor and then pass to our engineering team. This way we can better keep track of any community requests and make sure that nothing falls through the cracks and is found in one place. Feel free to always leave feedback there, as the team will be forwarded the information.

Options
Related Articles