Coverage for a large property.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-29 21:59:19

Hello,

I need some tech support please. I was going to use a TP-Link mesh router system via TP-Link line adapters. They work (when tested) between the bungalow and the shed. The WIFi is in the main house. However, the bungalow and shed are on the other side of the transformer and line adapters would not work. I believe I need to get the WiFi signal up to the bungalow (It is better than 300' or I would run Cat 5/6) via some type of beam for lack of a better term. I don't have unlimited funds. Please see attached pic. If you have suggestions, I would love to hear from you. I undestand this might be the wrong group. It is my first attempt. Thanks in advance, Fred38f3d174273d4d6991f66b0491258143

Options
1 Reply
Re:Coverage for a large property.
2022-03-30 19:03:36

@firehouse 

Yes PLC will not work between panels or sub-panels so that is why they weren't working on the otherside of the transformer.  We should be launching the first outdoor version of the Deco Mesh system late 2022 to early 2023 but until then really for this situation the best solution is the EAP225-outdoor APs.  This unit has a omni-directional signal that can reach up to 150 Meters, per unit and can be Mesh linked to other EAP225-Outdoor or EAP indoor models via a Omada controller software.  The 1st unit would need to be phyiscally connected to the internet source (your router), and placed outside.  after that if more range is needed then adding a 2nd unit should more than coverage this range, if my Feet to Meter conversion is correct.  The 2nd unit would just need power.  

This would be the best solution for the long range that is needed. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 1

Related Articles