Speed Test - Failed to test the speed. Try again later

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed Test - Failed to test the speed. Try again later

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Speed Test - Failed to test the speed. Try again later
2022-05-05 04:50:28

@Riley_S 

Firmware Version:

1.3.0 Build 20220221 rel.50072(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX11000 v1.0

I have had to reboot several times after losing connectivity, and the Speed Test returns an error every time I try to run it, since upgrading to 1.3.0:

Options
2022-05-05 14:36:05

@Prof That's a very bad practice on TP Link's part not being able to revert to a previous firmware load. Before the latest firmware update, my router was fast and 100% stable. Now it has slower, spotty performance (as others have experienced) and the speed test no longer works. I'm swapping the router out for an old Linksys unit I have until a new firmware is issued that is proven to correct these issues. Very disappointing. 

Options
2022-05-05 14:48:41

@Prof mine seems to be working fine now after rebooting a couple of times.  Speed test now runs again and speed is back to normal range.  FYI mine is an Archer C4000 so my latest firmware is different that others:

1.0.3 Build 20191026 rel.13901

Options
2022-05-05 16:27:52 - last edited 2022-05-05 16:29:08

@Prof  @MavisM @mstrass 

Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you everyone for bearing with us througout the night, I passed along the information to the technical team and it appears as thought they are working on it. We are starting to have users return to us saying that their speed test are slowly beginning to work again. If it is not working yet, I would reccommend rebooting your router to see if it fixes it. Please stop by and say if you are still having issues.

Also, @rwd51 

It is our normal practice to have firmware be revertable, however there are situations in which we have to require the user to upgrade for legal reasons. Such as a feature not being supported anymore and breaking functionality, fixing large bugs, or patching security vulnerabiliies that we do not want the user to potentially open themselves up to. For this reason we try to work with our customers quickly and relate this information directly to our technical team so that we can identify and fix the problem as soon as possible.

Options
Re:Speed Test - Failed to test the speed. Try again later-Solution
2022-05-05 19:21:39 - last edited 2022-05-05 19:23:41

Hi everyone, It looks as thought the problem has been fixed now. You should be able to now test your internet speeds in the app. You can view any further information regarding what happened here: 

Fixed: Speedtest Failed to Test the Speed

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-05 19:23:33

@Riley_S Hey Riley, everything seems to be working as normal. Thank you for your help!

Options
Related Articles