Deco M5 Firewall Question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-05 20:27:10
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Verizon Fios for TV and internet. I currently have 100 mb service, using coax between the ONT and the Fios router with the Deco M5 connected to the Fios Router. I'm planning to upgrade my internet speed and doing so will require Verizon to run ethernet from the ONT to a router. Since I want to keep both the TV and internet service, I either have to (a) rent/buy Verizon's router and put my M5 behind it or (b) plug the M5 into Verizon's ethernet drop, plug a MOCA bridge into the M5 (so the TVs get VOD and guide), and connect the bridge's coax to the coax running in my house. I'd prefer to go with the second approach, but I can't figure out how to configure the M5's firewall using the ipad app. Can anyone help me? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Firewall Question
2022-05-09 07:37:40

@gebjeff 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The firewall settings on Deco M5 are under HomeCare section.

And you could also go to Parental control to set up block rules for specific devices.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 Firewall Question
2022-05-09 13:32:46

David-TP wrote

@gebjeff 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The firewall settings on Deco M5 are under HomeCare section.

And you could also go to Parental control to set up block rules for specific devices.

Best regards.

@David-TP My Deco app does not have a firewall settings under the HomeCare section and parental controls won't block unwanted inbound connections or specific port and protocols. Here's a screenshot from my app.

a583597fb22642c1970c112f4b21f3bc

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 2