Deco x60 stopped working, cannot connect to the units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-04 14:09:23
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The Deco x60 units (3 of them) were working fine last night. This morning, all three are blinking Red. 

The Deco app (Iphone) is unable to connect to the units. I get " Something went wrong with the Cloud service. Please try again. " A Try Again yellow button is below. 

Clicking the yellow button get the  "connecting" popup  The home screen and the Try again screen toggle back a forth under the Connecting popup. 

Then back to the "We couldn't find Deco" screen with the yellow button. 

My wired LAN connections are working fine. (I am able to enter this message!) I reset the modem anyway. I also unplugged the Deco units, and even reset one (stuck flashing blue now)  while the other units are flashing red. Swapping networks or using cellular data do not change the outcome. I am unable to connect and do not have WiFi.

These units are only 2 years old (purchased 2020 Dec 13) I was expecting 5-8 years of trouble-free operation. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x60 stopped working, cannot connect to the units
2022-06-06 23:18:09

@Michael_M_M,

From what it sounds like, your Deco Unit is not able to get an IP address from your modem, this could be due to many things. One of which is that the MAC address has been blocked by your ISP.  If it is possible I would recommend factory resetting the main deco unit and seeing if this will cause the unit to refresh its settings. Another solution, is to connect another one of the Deco X60 Units as the Main Router, as this will have a different MAC address than the previous main unit. 

If you are still having difficulties connecting your network, I would recommend contacting TP-Link through our main support page, where they can walk you through more detailed troubleshooting steps and confirm the settings between your modem and router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 1