Deco X20 setup - placement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X20 setup - placement

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Deco X20 setup - SUCCESS
2022-11-18 22:04:35

@kmbard,

Something else to consider when running speed tests from a phone, the speeds listed will actually be limited by the maximum speed that your device can communicate with the nodes. If the nodes are receiving 650Mbps, and your phone can only maximize its connection at 500Mbps. The speed test will only report the 500Mbps. This is because it is measured based on the connected device, not via the Deco Mesh Routers.

PC Speed Tests can actually be great, at least if they are connected via an Ethernet Connection. The Ethernet Cable means that the connection to the router will not be the bottleneck and will be more representative of the speeds for the whole network. There are tons of reputable speed tests out there, many from reputable providers. Ookla is definitely the most popular and is even found in some of our routers for QoS settings, otherwise, my here are my other favorites: fast.com is run by Netflix, and Google has a built-in speed test for their search engine that can be used quickly.

For Future Knowledge/People Who Read this Post:

When Deco Nodes are purchased together as a pack, they are actually already registered with each other before removing them from the box, and the devices have a feature to make the connection easier.

After Setting up the first node and connecting the node via the phone app, you can plug the additional node into the network, and it should automatically be added as a Mesh node. Otherwise, the normal setup process can be used, just as if it were any other mesh node.

Options
Deco X20 setup - SUCCESS
2022-12-08 16:56:17
Thank you for the explanation Riley... I am very pleased with these units
Options
Related Articles