Request ability to change or prevent WiFi channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Request ability to change or prevent WiFi channels

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Request ability to change or prevent WiFi channels
2023-02-02 17:28:06 - last edited 2023-02-02 17:30:07

@Riley_S Was just curious since the WebUI for the Deco series is based off the Archer series, does the Deco router units have their Transmit power settings set to "High" by default.  I mean I would guess that most people would want their Deco routers to be transmitting at the highest power to cover more area within the house and especially to penetrate through walls between rooms or floors.

Options
Re:Request ability to change or prevent WiFi channels
2023-02-02 17:39:14

@flai54,

Not too sure tbh. I would assume that this would be the case, as having the transmit power set to high will allow a stronger and larger backhaul between decos to be created.

I also just mean the Interface's Design, not necessarily the feature from the Archer WebUI.

However, the High Transmit Power is often not actually needed, unless your walls are EXTRA thick.

For my best guess, I would say: As the deco is supposed to be a self-configuring mesh network, I would imagine that the devices would start with High Transmit Power and may adapt to a lower power if it does not need the increased power. The other thing to keep in mind is that since you are building a mesh network you do not need the same power as a traditional router, the signal only needs to be powerful enough to reach the next node.

Saying that, the fact that users see their furthest Deco connecting to the main unit wirelessly would indicate that it is indeed set to high. 

Options