DNS Issues with former and brand new TP Link routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 17:31:10 - last edited 2022-08-31 06:11:25
Model: Archer AX21  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Most recent version available for this model

Hello.

I keep getting this error message on all three of my pcs connected to my new AX1800 TP Link router (and from the former AC1750) which I purchased yesterday.

29eb8c06fb8a4339ab3a6d24137fc43b\

I don't get this error when I connect the ethernet cable directly from my Xfinity modem to any of the pcs.  I also don't get this error message on the other pcs which are connected to different brand router in another part of the house.  All of my pcs are hardwired if that helps.  Obviously it's something with the TP routers themselves I just can't figure out what it is.

Firmware is updated to the most recent and all settings are automatic.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:DNS Issues with former and brand new TP Link routers
2022-08-31 06:14:38

@Jimmy_D 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

Please try to change the Internet DNS server on the AX1800 to Google's 8.8.8.8 or CloudFlare's 1.1.1.1, then reboot the Xfinity modem and the AX1800 to determine if the PCs can connect to the internet fine.

You can also do a MAC clone on the AX1800, clone the PC's MAC to the AX1800 as described in the following FAQ:

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router? (Situation 1)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1374

Replies: 1

Related Articles