Connecting via ethernet doesn't work, but wifi does

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 12:00:32

So i recently moved to an apartment where the internet is being shared with the neighboring apartment, and so in my apartment I've got an AC750 / R200 extender.

This extender seems to be working perfect for my mac and phone via WiFi, but when i try connecting my desktop pc via Ethernet, i can't seem to get connected. 

All the ligths on the RE itself are on, and the powerline light is blinking when the PC is on. The network appears on the list of networks on my PC but it says it got no connection.

Is there something i´m missing? Some software i need to have for this to work etc.?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting via ethernet doesn't work, but wifi does
2022-09-08 17:10:06

@jmonkas,

We do have a tpPLC application for your phone and windows to help manage your network, but I do not think that this application will install anything to help you actually connect to the network. Small troubleshooting step that may fix your issue, try to restart your computer with the ethernet plugged in and the wi-fi adapter disabled. This will force your computer to receive new credentials from the range extender.

My all time favorite fix for whenever my PC wont connect and I know everything is wired correctly:

Open Command Prompt

Type "ipconfig /release"

Wait

Type "ipconfig /renew"

Wait

This usually works for me to reconnect to my home network.

Options
2022-09-08 18:05:59

@Riley_S 

I tried those commands in cmd, and i've restarted the computer before and after i've done that, with no success.

''Connection-specific DNS suffix'' is blank, should it be that?

Options
2022-09-09 17:08:35

@jmonkas,

Hmm, I haven't really messed around with any of the options on a PC side that appear in the list of options; but from looking around it looks like the DNS Suffix that you are talking about is supposed to be available for wired connections and not wireless, at least according to something I found online.

Have you tried forgetting the network and removing the wireless client from your Tether App? This may help force the connection.

To make sure that it is a setting on the computer, can you connect another wired device to the Range Extender to see if can connect?

Otherwise, I would recommend trying to reset the range extender in case a setting is configured incorrectly that is less obvious

Options