Model: Deco XE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

New Whole Home Wi-Fi 6E Deco Mesh System

caf9cc401a614532955fb422f075e799

Deco XE200 Product Page

Deco XE200 (1-Pack) Amazon Page

Deco XE200 (2-Pack) Amazon Page

EDIT: The Deco XE200 (1-Pack) has Launched Today! (January 30th) The XE200 is now available on Amazon in both 1 and 2 Packs Varieties. If you are looking to bring the power of Wi-Fi 6E and the advanced management features that come along with the newest Deco's, the 1-Pack provides a perfect opportunity to upgrade your existing mesh network.

TP-Link has just launched the Deco XE200, our newest AXE11000 Whole Home, Tri-Band Mesh, Wi-Fi 6E System! This is the most powerful Deco System released, and potentially one of the strongest routers we have released across the board. First announced at CES 2022, the Deco XE200 uses the newest Wi-Fi 6E Standard to deliver unprecedented speeds over both wired and wireless connections throughout your entire home.

Taking Advantage of Multi-Gig

Featuring one (1) 10-Gigabit Ethernet Port, and two(2) additional gigabit ports for each unit; this mesh system will support any high-bandwidth traffic on your network. This will be extremely beneficial to any of our users that are running a local media server, share large files, or have multiple high-quality video streams at once, whether it be from local security cameras or online streaming services.

As 4K TVs and Streaming Devices have become more popular as an alternative to cable and other TV providers, the load on our networks has also increased, and will only increase further as HDR and 8K content become more mainstream.

The Advantages of Wi-Fi 6E

The Deco XE200 is our first unit mesh unit to take full advantage of the newest frequencies available to home users. Adding support for this higher frequency band essentially doubles the amount of traffic that can pass through your network. Furthermore, as this is the newest band with the most optimizations related to the devices operating on the band, fewer devices will crowd the new bandwidth, allowing your most powerful devices to have a not-quite-dedicated frequency for their traffic

Designed for More Devices – OFDMA and MU-MIMI

As Smart Homes become... well… smarter; our networks become more and more crowded as a result of not only the additional sensors/devices but also the traffic flowing from the devices to the network to make your house “Smart.”

Previous generations of Wi-Fi were often limited to having an absolute maximum of 150 devices. Wi-Fi 6E and the Deco XE200 take advantage of two technologies, OFDMA and MU-MIMO; which serve to increase the maximum number of devices to over 200!

Protection for Your Whole Home, Devices, and Family

The DecoXE200 ships with the newest version of TP-Link HomeShield Technology.

As more devices are added to our networks, especially sometimes from manufacturers or sources we don’t know, we need to make sure that our information, devices, and networks are protected from potential threats that you may not know are happening or even possible.

The Deco XE200 Will make sure that you can stream Thursday Night Football in Full 4K without slowing down your network and other devices. Make sure that you never miss another play due to buffering or slow connection speeds.

Read More on the TP-Link Product Page

We also quickly wanted to let everyone know that the Deco XE200 is the first deco unit to provide a designated wi-fi connection for all of your IoT Devices. This new IoT network allows you to disable the 5Ghz frequency on that network. No More using your Guest Network for Smart Home Devices!

*Please Create a New Thread for Any Support Related Questions or Concerns, Minimal Support will be provided for individual issues on this thread.

Options
18 Reply
Re:NEW! Deco XE200 Wi-Fi 6E Tri-Band Mesh System
2022-10-20 19:09:20

@Riley_S can the 2.4ghz channels settings be set by the user like Regular routers?  By settings, I mean channel number and width.  Can you force it to a channel and set bandwidth to 20mHz.  My w3600 deco always set a 40mhz bandwidth 2.4ghz channel which interferes with neighboring channels and made 2.4ghz unusable.

Options
2022-10-20 19:41:56

@tmorris1,

Currently, we do not offer an option to change the channels and widths of the networks. This is due to the deco aiming to provide a self-optimizing network. Using the network optimization features will help the Deco Units scan the available Wi-Fi channels and select the cleanest channel automatically. After the first optimization, all the Deco nodes and all the client devices connected to the Deco network will switch to the new channel and show as crowded again so the Deco app will show that the network needs to be optimized again(even though it doesn't)

If you are experiencing issues with your Deco Network, feel free to start a new thread with some additional information such as what devices you had trouble connecting to your W3600, what you have done to determine that the channel widths are the cause of the issue, what ISP and plan you have, what firmware/hardware versions you are using, and lastly what modem you are using.

Even if the Deco is using a crowded channel, I would believe that the network should not be deemed as "unusable", unless the source of the channel interference is next to the deco units.

Options
2022-10-20 20:13:47
I've already had separate threads and support tikets. It just isn't very good at picking a clean channel and always sets a 40mhz 2.4ghz channel which is horrible in areas with interference (which is pretty much everywhere...). Support pretty much gave up and I am using an Asus access point which works great on the same channel but set to 20mhz. The devices I had trouble with are TP-Link Kasa smart plugs and switches
Options
2022-10-20 21:16:49

@Riley_S 

Failed Compatibility: (3) X60 satellites drop with XE200 Main, XE200 satellite & (2) X5700 satellites

Deco XE200 Firmware Version :

1.0.0 Build 20220722 Rel. 58229

XE200 HW V1.6

After set up/installation with (1) XE200 as Main, (1) XE200 as satellite w/ existing and previously working fine (1) X5700 Main + (1) X5700 satellite + (3) X60 satellites.

Within 8 to 12 hours the (3) X60 satellites start dropping and the Main XE200 Wifi SSID errors on device all connection attempts w/ "No access to internet".

Repeatedly reboot cable modem, Main XE200 and all 6 satellites (all direct connected to Main - no hops b/w satellites).  X60s soon drop again, problems repeat.

Network Diags indicated "channel conflicts" w/ other unspecified 'nearby routers' and optimized "Channel Congestion" as suggested on multiple Diag runs.

Next, reset all X60 nodes from scratch and re-added as new devices to Main XE200 to no avail.

The only way to keep WiFi up right now is to Remove/Reset all (3) X60 satellites leaving only XE200 Main, XE200 satellite and (2) X5700 satellites. Our desired result after a fix is to have all models playing nice together: (1) XE200 as Main, (1) XE200 as satellite,  (2) X5700 satellites + (3) X60 satellites.

Any suggestions appreciated - Thanks in advance.

Options
2022-10-20 21:41:54

@EchoZulu,

Please create a new thread for any issues that you experience this will allow us to better keep track of communications, and won't ping everybody who has interacted with this thread.

However, this looks like the disconnect occurs as a result of the X60s; please ensure that they use the most up-to-date firmware as bug fixes for satellite connectivity were released last month in the most recent firmware.

Options
2022-10-20 22:17:54
My apologies. Will do. Thanks
Options
2022-10-23 20:07:31

@Riley_S something I noticed with this system since I installed it. The DHCP is very aggressive. My device IPs change daily inless I reserve them. Anyway to adjust that?

Options
2022-10-24 18:45:12

@Astone595,

Right now, there is no way to adjust the lease time on our deco line of routers. I will add this as a recommendation to our development team. My first suspicion is that the more aggressive DHCP may be a result of the increased capacity for devices that come with the XE200, however, I will try and see if this is expected.

Has this particular behavior negatively affected the connectivity of devices on the network?

Options
2022-10-25 01:30:47
Does the XE200 allow one to configure the LAN settings starting IP address? Most of my camera devices are individually set to a certain IP address based upon the starting LAN IP address host, and I'd like to keep it that way
MCH
Options
2022-10-25 01:36:07

@HardyR2P yes you can.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 2843

Replies: 18

Tags

Official Wi-Fi 6E