Deco AXE5300/EX5300 will not connect smart devices; keeps dropping WiFi from iPhones/smart TVs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco AXE5300/EX5300 will not connect smart devices; keeps dropping WiFi from iPhones/smart TVs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Deco AXE5300/EX5300 will not connect smart devices; keeps dropping WiFi from iPhones/smart TVs
2022-12-01 13:09:43

@Riley_S 

Thanks for your time... I will take your advice and get a newest model for the main Deco

Options
Re:Deco AXE5300/EX5300 will not connect smart devices; keeps dropping WiFi from iPhones/smart TVs
2023-05-13 21:20:58

@War_Eagle_RT I know you posted this a while ago.   I don't know about other routers but this is what I found.   Devices connect to what ever hub the reach first.   Not necessarily closest.  When you boot your routers, the one that starts first grabs the device.   Sometimes this causes big issues with connectivity.  I purchased netgear extenders and connected them to each mesh hub via Ethernet.   I created a separate wifi networks for each extender and then configured each smart device to the closest extender.   This is a terrible solution, but the only one that works and is very stable.  Personally I think mesh is terrible. It does not work well with cameras and other smart devices, does not support 1Gig internet except on the primary hub. 

Options
2023-05-13 22:48:17

@AvacadoBob I ultimately discovered it was a security issue. Many smart home devices only play nice with WPA2 security. Any other setting results in erratic behavior. My system has been stable since figuring this out.

Options

Tags

WiFi Drop
Related Articles