Connecting Travel Router to Xfinity Hotspot (xfinitywifi)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-08 01:27:37
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v008a.0 Build 191209 Rel.57116n(5553)

I have followed the instructions in the Setup Video carefully. I show that the hotspot is 'connected' but it does not prompt me for my Xfinity credentials. In that 'xfinitywifi' is 5G and an 'open' access hotspot, the expectation is that it will cause a LOGIN page to be loaded on my Windows 10 HP laptop. However, that does not occur.

I can login from my laptop to the xfintywifi hotspot and that works fine. But when I log into the WR902AC 5G and try to connect to xfintywifi, the travel router shows 'connected' to the 5G but I get no access to the WAN.

I am running Surfshark VPN software on my laptop and have tried with it both enabled and disabled. What am I missing?

Context is the only means available to distinguish a prooftext from a pretext
Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting Travel Router to Xfinity Hotspot (xfinitywifi)
2022-11-09 07:45:29

Hey @Phillip

I found something for you, check the below thread, you need to update the firmware of your router first:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/510670

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Connecting Travel Router to Xfinity Hotspot (xfinitywifi)
2022-11-29 15:22:37 - last edited 2022-11-29 15:24:51

@Liverpool20 

Thank you. You are correct, but I did that the the first day. I think that the base address, 192.168.0.1 might also be causing some problems. My home router is a TP-LINK Archer A6 and shares the same base address. But I am getting a network ID10T error and there is a short circuit between my chair and the keyboard. ;)

Context is the only means available to distinguish a prooftext from a pretext
Options