Transmit the audio out as wifi to a cell phone's wifi receiver, as actual wi-fi, with router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Transmit the audio out as wifi to a cell phone's wifi receiver, as actual wi-fi, with router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-12 00:10:09
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: unknown

What product will allow me to transmit the tv's headphone audio out as 802.11 wifi to a cell phone's wifi receiver, as actual wi-fi, not bluetooth?

I would like buy a device to stream the tv's audio out signal, to a device that would convert and transmit it via 802.11 wifi, (not bluetooth). This way my cell phone's bluetooth is available for the bluetooth headset for listening. I have a multipoint headset, but the cellphone only functions correctly by automatically reducing the music-audio, when it receives the music-audio signal via wifi. When I use the headphone's extra bluetooth multipoint, connected to the tv, via an "audio to bluetooth transmitter", the cell phone will not reduce the tv's sound when a call comes in, and upon answering the call, the multipoint-tv connection from the ad-on bluetooth transmitter, is lost.

However, when listening to music from the internet via the cell phone's wi-fi receiver, the phone and headset perform perfectly. Thus it is the cell phone that performs the switching from music to a phone call, and back again, via the cellphone's own wi-fi receiver and internal circuitry. Is there a way to perhaps, send the tv's audio out, through an actual wifi router (perhaps one of your products) to the cell phone’s wi-fi receiver, just as though it came from the internet? And then play the music with the cellphone’s speaker, or with a headset paired with the cellphone.

Please suggest one of your products that will solve my problem. If you do not have such a device, would you please recommend one, or produce one in the future. It seems there is a real need out there for such a product.

And may I thank you in advance for your kind attention to this.

Options
2 Reply
Re: Transmit the audio out as wifi to a cell phone's wifi receiver, as actual wi-fi, with router?
2023-04-12 18:14:36

@Schlubby,

There is, unfortunately nothing that we offer that can technically do this for you.

For an advanced low-latency setup, you would need to look into configuring a VBAN network, which would allow you to use the audio from any device on your network. However, this is still reliant on what your TV/Streaming Device is capable of, and may required a lot of tinkering to get a usable connection. You may be able to use something like a Sonos system, as they will accept Line-Ins and forward the signal to wireless speakers, however, I do not know how well their system connects with non-Sonos devices, if at all.

Your best bet is to look at the features of your streaming device, most streaming devices such as Rokus and Android TVs, now allow remote listening through their respective apps on your phone. Some streaming devices also offer the ability to stream the audio directly to a Bluetooth device, rather than having to go through a receiver. Otherwise, you would need to look at some sort of device that has a base station and sends headphone traffic over 2.4 or 5Ghz connections, as this is how gaming headsets will often communicate large amounts of data with minimal latency.

Options
Re: Transmit the audio out as wifi to a cell phone's wifi receiver, as actual wi-fi, with router?
2023-04-27 01:40:53
I wonder if TP Link has something similar to this. https://www.amazon.com/Home-Wireless-Audio-Solution-Smartphone/dp/B08L4525P8
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 273

Replies: 2