I need help connecting new wireless cameras to our Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 15:20:02
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

We have been using a TP-Link AC1750 Dualband Wireless Router, model Archer A7(US) for about six years without problems.

We have new UPULTRA Security Wireless Cameras. As you can tell from the lack of Hard/Firmware Version, we are not technically inclined. We were installing the cameras and discovered they need to hook to the 2.4GHz, not the 5GHz. Both are available on our router.

I have no idea how to "select" the 2.4GHz, or determine how to be certain that is what the cameras choose. Is there someone here that can help?

25 years enjoying software-super use in some, Software Quality Manager for specific Sabre products. Retired over a decade and only a basic interest in using my PC in hobbies. Appreciate any help!!!
Options
2 Reply
Re:I need help connecting new wireless cameras to our Archer A7
2023-05-30 18:11:57

Hey  @BlickTX,

Most likely, you have a setting called "Smart Connect" enabled on your router. This feature will combine the two wireless frequencies into one network which will allow your devices to take advantage of both 2.4 and 5GHz networks, depending on your connection quality. 

Most devices should be able to connect to your network when they are combined, as the camera will simply choose the 2.4 connection as that is what it can see. 

If you are having problems or difficulties completing the setup process, you may go into the settings for your router and disable the "Smart Connect" feature. This will allow you to configure separate wireless network names and passwords for each band.

Options
Re:I need help connecting new wireless cameras to our Archer A7
2023-05-30 22:57:46

@Riley_S - thank you!! Didn't take long to find in the router app and it changed easily. I got both of the cameras set up soooo smoothly, and they work very well. Customer expectations met - at one time that was our corporate motto. You helped me reach that point. Very much appreciated. 

25 years enjoying software-super use in some, Software Quality Manager for specific Sabre products. Retired over a decade and only a basic interest in using my PC in hobbies. Appreciate any help!!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 2

Related Articles