Locked out of my Deco account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-14 03:42:20
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Unable to log into my account with error message "Your account is temporarily locked due to multiple failed login attempts. Please try again in 10 minutes". After resetting my password, a few minutes later, the same issue. Apparently my email is compromised and someone is trying to log into my account using my email address and after a few failed login attempts, my account is locked again and I am back to square one. So I called TP-Link customer care (that was a few months ago) and we set up a new email for my username. Everything was working fine for a few months until today: trying to log into my account (using the iPhone Deco App), same issue: "Your account is temporarily locked due to multiple failed login attempts". So I try to reset my password using the email I set up with TP-Link customer care a few months ago. Turns out: TP-Link doesn't recognize the email anymore. So I try my old email address and sure enough, TP-Link recognizes this email and lets me reset my password. I have no idea how that happened since everything was working fine with the other email address that apparently TP-Link "forgot" and/or deleted from their system. So I am back to where I was a few months ago and have to use my "compromised" old email address again. After spending more than an hour on TP-Link Live Chat, I am told that the username cannot be altered (never mind we did exactly that a few months ago).

Apart from the abysmal customer care (hours waiting on the phone only to be connected to someone who barely speaks English and doesn't understand the problem, long time waiting for a live chat and live chat unable to solve my problem), how can it possibly be that a user cannot locally log into the Deco X55 and configure it manually via a laptop and web browser? Why does a user have to go through the app, log into the TP-Link system - with all the problems described above - to configure and maintain the Deco Home WiFi system? I spent a fair amount of money on my 4 satellites Deco X55 system (3 story home) only to find out that I have to spend hours on end on the phone with incompetent TP-Link customer care just to be able to log into my own system??????

But enough is enough. I will replace my Deco system (BTW: similar problems with Kasa smart home devices) with something that works. So be warned. Deco seems to be a competitively priced system that - when it works - works well. But if and when you have problems, customer care is pretty much useless and you are on your own.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Locked out of my Deco account
2023-07-17 09:22:27

@Andreas_888 

Hi Andreas, I am sorry for what you have been through with our support service. Your reported issue here is unique and needs to be under further analysis. It has been reported to the engineers and they would be glad to help us find out what exactly happened. They would get in touch with you by email and I hope they could locate the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to share in the community. We really appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the current issue and further improve our products as well as customer service.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1

Related Articles