X55 pro has less features than X55 in the app?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-28 02:01:40
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build 20230613 rel 34232

I just replaced the Deco X55 (3 pack) with the newer X55 PRO (3 pack) so I could take advantage of the 2.5Gbps ethernet ports. After swapping the HW, setting up the new units in the app, and upgrading the firmware (1.1.1 build 20230613 rel 34232), I noticed the following features are missing from the X55 PRO that used to be available with the X55:

• For each each wireless device you could change the connection type from auto to manual and force it to either connect to 2.4GHz or 5Ghz.
  • You could also force each wireless device to always connect to a specific deco unit (useful if they are in a fixed location)
  • You could also force the deco units to connect to each other in a certain order

All of these options disappeared from the app after I switched to the new HW. I made sure the app was up to date as well. Anyone else experience this? Does anyone know if these features will be added back with a SW or FW update? Or were they removed on purpose?

Options
2 Reply
Re:X55 pro has less features than X55 in the app?
2023-07-31 06:40:23

@WWBB 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco X55 pro is planned to be added similar features via a firmware update. You could regularly check the firmware upgrade notifications on the Deco APP.

Best regards.

Options
Re:X55 pro has less features than X55 in the app?
2023-08-07 16:44:42

@David-TP Hi there, thank you for the information. Do you have any idea when the updates for this model will be rolled out? I feel like I've experienced quite a downgrade when switching from my x60 to the x55 pro, in terms of lacking features and overall performance. I had expected that the multiple 2.5Gbps ports would somewhat future-proof my home network for the next couple of years, but for now, I'm not impressed with how the x55 pro performs (the dual-core CPU is obviously overloaded and the 3 internal antennas do not reach my garage like the x60 did).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1034

Replies: 2

Related Articles