Having Trouble With PS5 Connection on Deco BE85 Mesh Router

2023-08-07 13:13:57
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've been having frustrating issues with keeping a stable internet connection on my PS5 that is wired directly to my TP-Link Deco BE85 mesh router system. I keep getting the NW-102265-6 error code which indicates a network connectivity problem.

I've tried a few things to troubleshoot and fix this:

• Port Forwarding - I followed tutorials to set up port forwarding on the Deco BE85 for the necessary PS5 ports. Unfortunately, this did not resolve the connection drops.
  • Wired vs Wireless - My PS5 is connected via ethernet cable directly to one of the Deco router nodes. I tried connecting wirelessly as well and still experienced connection issues and error codes.
  • Router Restarts - I've tried restarting both the PS5 and rebooting the Deco router multiple times. The connection seems to work for a while but then ends up dropping out again after a period of time.
  •  

It's frustrating because my other wireless devices in the house don't seem to have this problem, it's only the PS5 that is having constant connection headaches. I'm not sure if it's a configuration issue with the Deco BE85 mesh system or if there is some incompatibility with the PS5.

If anyone has experienced this issue and found a solution I would love to hear! My mesh router system is up to date on the latest firmware. And I've tried tweaking every setting I can think of without luck. Let me know if you have any advice for keeping a wired PS5 connected reliably!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Having Trouble With PS5 Connection on Deco BE85 Mesh Router
2023-08-08 09:34:25

@Scoobydo0s Hi, welcome to the community.

I see there was already a support ticket for your case and later it will be forwarded to the engineers for further assistance.

By the way, I wonder whether you have seen the PS5 drop the connection many times a day since if it is easily produced in a short time, it would be much easier for the engineer to locate what might be the problem.

And have you tried to enable UPNP under Deco APP>More>Advanced>NAT Forwarding?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-08 13:56:42

@David-TP 

I followed the instructions from TP-Link support to swap the main router with one of the satellites and that seems to have fixed the issue. 

I'm still doing testing from my PS5 but as of right now, I have not gotten any connection slowdowns or error messages about not being able to contact servers. 

With the other unit, it seemed more like the network traffic was slowing down or stopping and then going back to normal. 

Options
2023-12-29 09:25:03

@Scoobydo0s is it still working? The latest update on my decos has caused the same issue. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1478

Replies: 3

Related Articles