same MAC address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

same MAC address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
same MAC address
same MAC address
2023-10-23 17:12:32
(sorry for bad english)hello, I have a problem that I have a couple of the same mac addresses in the network, I don't know what I have set up wrong, but something is probably correct, because I have a LocoM5 app at the barracks, which sends me data to another house, because I think it's pointless to pay another ISP when I can have it like this and I almost have 100/100 over the air, which is good, but the problem is that all the devices on the other side have the same mac address and it causes a lot of problems
img
Options
1 Reply
Re:same MAC address
2023-10-23 19:09:13

@Jakub007,

Can you provide a bit more info about what hardware you are using and how your network is laid out?

MAC addresses are unique identifiers for a device and they should always be the same across networks - unless it is being randomized due to privacy reasons.

From the sounds of it, you have two separate "Routers" on your network, which are conflicting with each other when looking at your network from higher up in the chain. You may consider a IP-MAC binding so that the IP address and MAC addresses will align between your two networks, however, this will likely be the case unless one of the two networks can be configured as an Access Point, or your switches can combine the two networks into one. If you provide more info, I may be able to provide some additional insight.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 1

Related Articles