Recommendation - Extending WiFi to detached building

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 21:35:57

Good day. I am looking for some recommendations.  I have LOS wireless internet service to my home.  From the dish i have cabled connection to my TP-Link router in my basement.  WiFi coverage in the home (about 2000 sq ft per level) is excellent.  I have a detached metal shop, about 50' from our home's garage. I have an outlet on the closest wall to the detached shop.  My goal is to get a strong wifi single into the shop (which is 30'x52').  i have a range extender in the garage outlet and I have okay signal to the closest corner of the shop, but it isn't adequate to stream TV.  

So I am considering using a powerline set up that goes from my router to an outlet, then to the garage outlet and back out to another device that can more effectvely give a good wifi service.  

My two questions then:

1. Does this sound like a viable approach? Which powerline device would be best?

2. What would be the best device to put in the garage - another mesh router or a better range externder or...?

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 0

Related Articles