separate networks using TP-Link extender

2024-03-01 00:57:17
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 211125

I'm sorry if this has been answered many times before, I could not find it easily using search.

Is it possible to use model TL-WA855RE to separate its clients from the LAN nodes not going through it?

I want a roommate not to have access to the pcs that connect directly to the main router.

Is it possible with Model TL-WA855RE, either in extender or access point?

Perhaps using subnet masks?

I need to have the unit run in wireless mode both to the main router and its clients.

Running wires are not an option

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:separate networks using TP-Link extender
2024-03-07 10:21:30

@rahzan 

If I understand correctly what you've described and your main router has a guest wireless network, you could take a look at this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-03-07 17:34:42

@terziyski

Thank you.

It sounds like if I tether another router (with subnetting capability) off the main router then it can host the tp-link extender separately from the rest of the nodes off the main router. In which case we don't really need the extender, but it is a solution.

Options
2024-03-07 18:08:46

@rahzan 

Yes - to use the guest network of your router you don't need an extender, but if the signal is weak in some areas you'll need the RE to widen ist coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 118

Replies: 3

Related Articles