Deco xe200 unstable internet issues

2024-03-12 20:38:47
Model: Deco XE200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 build 2023.11.20

Couple of issues.

1. I have 6000mbps fiberoptic internet, Nokia oan, when I connect Ethernet cable from oan to deco unit I don't get Internet when it's plugged into 1gbps port but works fine in 10gbps port but I want to use that 10gbps port on both my units for wired backhaaul but no luck, any idea what could be, I have did all troubleshooting steps but I get internet may be for a minute and then it drops but works great in 10gbps port. This has been going on since I got the units 6 months ago and just left it in 10gbps port.

2. Since yesterday my connection to wifi has been very unstable, the units led would change from solid green to red and no wifi connection and sometimes I am connected to wifi but no actual data going through and this happened for about 7 to 8 hours and I still have some problem after resting both units 3 times so far but still drops, made sure there is least interference but auto settings channels per the deco app, called my ISP but they don't see any problems on their end and my neighbors also reported no issues, it has been very frustrating so far and I am not able to connect to my work servers as a result, it has worked great since i brought, any known problems or fixes appreciated, thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco xe200 unstable internet issues
2024-03-13 00:26:32

Hey @Lingarajug,

You may also consider getting in contact with our support teams directly to troubleshoot the behavior, otherwise here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot further:

• Since you are able to get internet through the 1G port for a moment, it is likely a problem with the negotiation between the two devices. I would first try swapping out the Ethernet Cable between them.

• Decos uses Auto WAN/LAN Sensing for the Ethernet ports, so it's possible that this feature is causing that disconnect. On the main Deco, try only plugging in the wired connection from the ONT to see if the connection can be maintained.

• You are also moving to a lesser negotiation speed, so you may consider making sure that the ONT port is properly negotiating down to the correct speeds when the change occurs, if you have access to any of the settings from your ISP.

• If you have multiple XE200s, I would recommend reconfiguring your network and swapping the nodes. The change in hardware may be enough of a change to allow the connection since your ISP would detect it as a new "network". Do you happen to know if you receive a normal ethernet signal through the 1G port while using the 10G port for your internet?

• Lastly, if the device from your ISP supports Wi-Fi, make sure you have enabled Bridge or IP Passthrough Mode on the ONT - as this could easily explain the stability and disconnects.

Options
2024-03-13 00:55:40

@Riley_S 

Yes I have tried with a different cable and with only my phone connected to deco wifi test drops out with 1g connection and have same problem, I don't have access to my ISP settings to do anything. Nokia oan blinks green when connected to 1g speed and blinks blue when connected to 10g port on deco and that is all it shows on the oan, I haven't tried swapping decks as main and satellite so need to try that, I don't understand it worked well for 6 months and boom suddenly this issue arises, I only have 600mbps speed from ISP and and not sure if that is the problem, any other ideas appreciated, thank you.

Options
2024-03-26 01:41:11

@Riley_S , same issue happened again today, after resting network when this happened last time and network fine until today and the light on main deco turned red followed by satellite as well, this time reset network again and switched main deco to satellite and satellite to main and it's working again, but had the same issue where in if 1g port is used to connect to my fibre oan it disconnected after a minute and connecting through 10g port has been stable so far. Looks like negotiation between main deco and fibre oan not working well in 1g port and my plan is 600mbps speed up and down, sounds like a firmware issue, not sure how and where to report it 

Options