Deco X55 Pro lost internet after upgrading to v1.3.0

2024-03-28 22:02:04 - last edited a week ago
Model: Deco X55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20240204

Hi guys, I haven't had any issues since purchasing the Deco X55 pro since Aug 2023. It has been running fine yet the new firmware 1.3.0 completely broke my setup, just want to ask if anyone here has similar issues.

Background: My topology is straightforware with ONT > Main Deco > TPlink switch > Other satellites. I got rid of CenturyLink modem/router combo and ran this topology which worked stably before the incident.

On Monday 25, right after upgrading my X55 pro mesh to latest version, I lost internet completely, all Deco's LED light still showing green, but Speedtest saying could not reach the server, I could still connect to Deco app and perform features as if the network is working (It actually said Everything looks good). But I cannot connect to internet at all.

I tried rebooting the system but it didn't fix it, I tried to unplug and wait and replug things back but not work so I had to reset the whole system, got internet back.

But on Wednesday 27, the internet connection got down again, I was surfing webs and all pages stopped loading, same symptoms. Again, had to reset but this time I swapped the main Deco with another Deco node.

On Thursday 28, it broke again. I spent sometimes this time troubleshooting, took out old CenturyLink modem/router combo and plug the ONT to it, then connect the Deco mesh to that (keep the rest topology the same), but this time I switched the Deco into Access Point mode and I got internet back. But right when I switch back to Router Mode (and put CL modem in bridge mode), no internet connection again. I took a look at this Internet Connection page on Deco and all information are gone as if it cannot obtain WAN connection info from ISP. I decided to put this mesh in AP mode, but it ended up acting very unstable, it keeps dropping connection, all light red then green for a few minutes, was too annoying so I reset everything and put back Deco to my original setup.

Meanwhile, I have been contacting TPLink support since day 1 after the break. I have sent them all screenshots, logs while the incidents happened and explained all the troubleshooting steps I have done but they only replied back with few words by not acknowledging the issue of the bad firmware and just told me to change DNS servers to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and re-check my ISP configuration (for CenturyLink I have the PPPOE & VLAN 201 tag which I have it correctly setup sand working fine since Aug 2023).

I'm at a complete right loss now as I cannot just reset my setup everyday like this, is there any ways to downgrade to the previous 1.2.5 version? Everything has been working just fine and the broke happened right after I finished upgrading to latest firmware, and I haven't changed my topology or add anything new to my setup.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X55 Pro lost internet after upgrading to v1.3.0-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Quick update for anyone with similar situation. I have exchanged emails back and forth with the engineer support team and with a few tests the culprit was QoS. Have to disable it temporarily till there is a fix.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55 Pro lost internet after upgrading to v1.3.0-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Quick update for anyone with similar situation. I have exchanged emails back and forth with the engineer support team and with a few tests the culprit was QoS. Have to disable it temporarily till there is a fix.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 1

Related Articles