EAP 650 Access Point for Starlink

2024-04-02 10:08:05
Tags: #Access Pomt

I have a EAP 650 outdoor access point that is connected through a POE connector to the Starlink via the Starlink poe connector. After set up the access point works fine through the Omada app but then a few hours later will lose internet connectivity and the green LED light on the access point starts flashing every few seconds. The omada app then cannot see the access point. I can still see the wifi of the access point but i think it cannot locate an IP address and so cannot connect.to the internet. Is there some setting i need to do to fix this? . 

Options
5 Reply
Re:EAP 650 Access Point for Starlink
2024-04-04 20:34:08

@Andrew1971 

Are you using the 48V Passive PoE (PoE Adapter Included) to power the EAP-650 Outdoor ?

If not, try using it to power the EAP and exclude any power issues.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski Thanks for your reply. I am using a passive POE adaptor already. I was thinking the issue may be my cables but i have changed the cables and the same thing happens. The Access Point works ok for a few days and then, for no apparent reason, internet connectivity is lost and the Omada app can no longer see the device. Still searching for answers.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Andrew1971 

You already excluded a cable issue. Why don't you try using the 12V DC (Power Adapter included) for powering the EAP and exclude any power issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
3 weeks ago

@terziyski thank but its not a power issue. Its a connectivity issue. I rebooted everything again including my starlink. The omada app can see the TP LInk wifi but cannot connect to or recognise the AP. 

Options
3 weeks ago

@Andrew1971 

EAP 650 is just an access point which will receive its IP address from the Starlink router (unless you've set it with a static IP address).

If it's a connectivity issue the problem has to be with the router settings since you've already excluded cable or power issue.

A possible reason for this could be a router DHCP server unavailable.

How can you check this:

Use this document and try connecting EAPs web interface using Situation1 scenario.

If you still can't reach the EAPs web interface use the Situation 2 scenario.

After these steps you may have a clue what exactly happens and pinpoint the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 135

Replies: 5

Tags

Access Pomt
Related Articles