Does UB500 support Bluetooth LE Auracast in Windows 11?

2024-05-05 15:57:30
Model: UB500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Bluetooth 5.3

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have used TP-Link products for several years. I just started using Hearing Aids and selected aids that support Bluetooth LE Auracast. I want to try those out with Auracast in Windows 11. To do that I need a Bluetooth 5.3 adapter for my laptop and see that TP-Link's UB500 supports Bluetooth 5.3.

Does anyone know if the UB500 will therefore support Auracast in Windows 11? I want to transmit a simple Auaracst stream from my laptop for the HA's to pick up. 

Many thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does UB500 support Bluetooth LE Auracast in Windows 11?
2024-05-09 17:14:20

@Ausrod This does not work.  TP link is making a false and misleading claim on Amazon that is supports BLE for Window-11, but in fact it does not support it.  I had communicated with their tech-support and three different support personnel are responding with boiler-plate respones. It is abvious none of these TP-Link support people know about LE audio or BLE.  They keep pointing me to the the compatibility device list and that does not even even a single BLE device in the list.

I think Tp-link is blindly getting what Realtex is advertising and have no clue of BLE or  its working on Windows-11.  I suggested them to follow the Microsoft suggestion to verity that it works.

Check if your Windows 11 PC supports Bluetooth Low Energy Audio - Microsoft Support

This is Tp-link false claim on Amazon.

TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC, Bluetooth 5.0/5.3 Dongle Receiver, Plug and Play, Nano Design, EDR & BLE, Supports Windows 11/10/8.1/7 for Desktop, Laptop, PS5/PS4/Xbox Controller (UB500)

Options