Archer T2E not showing up in devices- but Realtek driver is?

2024-08-16 04:12:50
Tags: #Windows 10 #T2E

Hello, my Archer T2E arrived just the other day. I was previously just using a Trendnet wi-fi USB dongle, but it wasn't 5Ghz, which my wi-fi in my new apartment is. I unplugged the dongle and uninstalled that driver. I plugged in the T2E to the PCI-E slot and... It didn't show up in my devices. So, when I ran the driver set-up, it said it could not detect the adapter. However, some device/driver did show up. Realtek 8821CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC. Weirdly enough, though, my wi-fi was working without the T2E driver installed. And it was working fantastically! It was getting the 100mbps that it should and was barely deviating. I figured I could just leave it, but today, it has stopped doing so well. It caps out around 20mbps and no more, it's usually at half of that, and the adapter is still not showing up in devices, but this Realtek one is...

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T2E not showing up in devices- but Realtek driver is?
2024-08-22 23:38:34

Hey @eric_clover

Welcome to the community. Were you using the driver for the Archer T2E from our website here?

That said, it sounds like your PC installed a generic driver for the device. If you have any performance or stability issues with the current state of the adapter/driver, I'd suggest uninstalling the generic driver, then removing and reinstalling the PCIe adapter in another PCIe slot (if you have any others readily available), followed by installing the official driver, to see if this remedies the behavior.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 140

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles