Deco X55 and DHCP Issues

Deco X55 and DHCP Issues

Deco X55 and DHCP Issues
Deco X55 and DHCP Issues
2024-08-17 00:15:23
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20240417 Rel. 52783

I have five Deco X55s connected by ethernet backhaul (see network map and version information below). I am repeatedly running into issues where my devices are able to connect but no IP address is assigned. Assigning a static IP works, but this is a bandaid rather than a solution. This appears to be a recurring problem with Deco products. See, e.g., DHCP - No IP assigned - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)Deco M5 DHCP not assigning IP addresses - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)Deco M5 DHCP not assigning IP addresses - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)Deco M9+ -devices failing to receive dhcp address - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)DHCP Server started crashing after latest Deco firmware updates; clients not getting IPs - Home Network Community (tp-link.com).

Rebooting the network seems to fix the problem, but then it inevitably starts again. Any help would be appreciated. I get an error when trying to attach my system log, but can send it to anyone if that will help.

Network Map

6dea20dda320433593b8fb3bd84e5502

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X55 and DHCP Issues
2024-08-17 02:11:36

@Jesster You may want to manually flash the firmware to each unit based on the Version # on the labels under each X55.  Some may have incorrectly received firmware for a different Version from what I'm seeing on the map you posted.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 117

Replies: 1

Related Articles