Smart bulb has wrong date

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-07 21:14:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My smart bulb has the wrong date (right day wrong month). I have tried to re-synchronize via App but no change. I also tried factory reset with no luck. Suggestions?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Smart bulb has wrong date
2016-12-12 20:59:03
My smart bulb had the wrong Date (1 day off). I had to re -sync my location on the main Kasa app setting section. Now my devices show the correct date and time.
Options
2017-01-01 23:39:14
Thanks for the tip on resuming date/time. However, I noticed that my LB120 keeps reverting back to the wrong date (+1 day.. time is correct). A resync helps temporarily but I'm unable to determine what keeps causing it to fall out of sync. Ill be contacting support but thanks for the workaround!
Options
2017-01-06 15:26:27
My light bulb similar problems, and I've fixed it
Options
2017-01-08 11:29:37
Same here, My LB120 keeps reverting to the wrong date - today +1 with correct time of day.
Options
2017-01-13 05:01:15
Providing a real quick update on this.

My advice now is to reach out to support and explain the issue. I used the ticketing/email system ( http://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support) and got a response with a day or so. After they were sure I wasn't doing anything silly configuration-wise, they sent a link to a firmware updater that took my bulb to v1.2.1. Getting the important point out of the way, it's been updated for over two days now and I haven't seen the +1 day issue/bug return. Additionally, I've run through a number of brightness, color and basic scheduling tests all with no issue so it appears as though existing functionality is holding up as well. Alexa still controls them like a champ too.

The updater is Windows only, so be prepared for that requirement, but is very straightforward to use and had my troubled bulb updated in just a few minutes. When I asked support why there was such a big gap between the public release of 1.0.9 and the 1.2.1 they sent me, the response was a fairly simple "we're making sure everything works before we release it to everyone". I come from a world where that's a pretty big release gap *but* I'm not going to pretend to know anything about their internal development practices and I'm comforted by the fact that they at least had this available to try. It also gives me hope that they are indeed working on the things people have been complaining about, they just might not be pushing it out as fast as we would all hope for.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1040

Replies: 5

Related Articles