Cannot Configure TL-WA901ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-08 01:03:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm helping a friend that has a TL-WA901ND Wireless Access Point, and cannot figure out how to access it in order to configure it.

According to the documentation I can find online, I am supposed to go to http://tplinkap.net. However, every time I try, my browser(s) always say I cannot connect to that location. I've tried wireless as well as wired connections, I've tried multiple browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox), I've checked proxy settings, but nothing works. When I am actually on a network that has Internet connection, I (understandably) get a message from the tplinkap.net website indicating that I am likely trying to get to a TP-LInk device and don't have it connected properly.

I have reinitialized the WAP to factory settings (and the re initialization worked, since the network it was broadcasting was not the customized network name that the friend had originally), but still couldn't get into the WAP to actually configure it.

Other entries on this forum don't seem to address this issue.

If I can't figure out how to configure it, I'll likely have to discard it and buy a different WAP.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Kingsley
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot Configure TL-WA901ND
2019-05-10 05:34:47
Find and press the reset button. Then RTFM. The IP address should be inserted into your browser address bar. ie http://192.168.0.1 that is if your device is already set for that address subnet. If you're in windows type ipconfig in the C:/ prompt to see what you are in. If in linux or other Xnix system type ifconfig. I can't help you if you're on a MAC... If your device (laptop or desktop) is not on that subnet set it to 192.168.0.100 then you should be able to hit 192.168.0.1 just fine. Rots of Ruck!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 1