ON state maintained in power outage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-10 20:50:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I plan on using the Smart Plug to power something that will normally be on, and it is imperative that it remain on when power returns after a power outage.

My question: If the Smart Plug is in the ON state when a power outage occurs, will it return to the ON state when power is restored?
Options
3 Reply
Re:ON state maintained in power outage
2016-11-16 00:48:28
Just to close the loop here, I'll answer my own question. According to tp-link support, yes, the HS100 will return to the previous ON/OFF state after a power outage.

I bought and tested a HS100 and can now verify this is true. After power outage, the load ON/OFF state returns to that state prior to the power outage when power is restored. It does so fairly quickly, even before the HS100 has re-aquired the wifi signal.
Options
2016-12-10 19:09:10
Good news on remembering previous state, do you know how long the HS100 the "memory" is? as we have power outages for a few hours sometimes. Tnx
Options
2016-12-11 17:45:43
I'm hoping it's stored in NVRAM permanently, but I have no idea as I have not tested for more than a few minutes and have gotten no official response.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 7085

Replies: 3