Kasa Web App / Browser Setup
2016-12-25 07:46:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

What is the status of the web app / browser setup ability?
Just purchased several bulbs and plugs to work with new echo dots and realized that you have to have an iOS or android device and need Kasa app.
Deceiving in that it says it works with alexa no hub required. So one would think, they work together without the need for anything else.
Options
11 Replies
Re:Kasa Web App / Browser Setup
2017-01-12 17:06:43
Compare with other device, for example Philips HUE, it needs a HUB to control LB, APP is needed also. LB just needs a APP to control.
Options
2017-01-13 06:05:26
First of all.. congratulations on making it this far without a smartphone or tablet AND still wanting to tackle home automation. You are definitely a unicorn to me and I can't imagine that (and I'm sure you've probably already discovered) a lot of resources have been dedicated to people in your position. Second, have you considered purchasing a low end tablet, if for no other reason than to help you out on your home automation journey? I know everyone's tolerance is different as to how much they want to put up with, but in theory if you were looking to spend as little as possible and you could deal with a little bit of tweaking, you should be able to pick up something like a Kindle Fire 7" ($50) and install the Android Play Store ( http://www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/) to get the Kasa app (free) installed. Of course there are other options that don't require any sort of additional app store workarounds, I just can't think of any that are as well known and/or inexpensive. I know this doesn't address your original question about a web app, but knowing what I know about the setup process, the limited resources that live on these devices, and the likelihood that most of the world buying or thinking of buying a smart bulb already has a smartphone or tablet... I'd find it hard to imagine a web app for initial configuration ever becoming a priority. I wish you the best of luck, I'm really enjoying my experience with tp-link devices so far and I hope this doesn't discourage you from accomplishing your goal of controlling the house with Alexa.
Options
2017-01-13 21:15:13
Thanks for the reply!

I had purchased everything as a gift for a family member who still has a flip phone. I ended up buying a low end android tablet to do the setup and left the tablet at his house in case he wants to add more devices in the future.
Options
2017-01-16 01:47:01
So fed up with this... Taking back 12 light bulbs and 2 plugs.... How can you not have a windows app to run this software?
Options
2017-01-17 00:07:52
I agree!! a windows app, mac app, and web based are needed.
Options
TP-Link Webapp
2018-05-24 03:31:43
I developed a webapp that allows you to do this. It is open source and can be found at https://colinmcneil.github.io/TP-Link-WebApp/ If you are hesitant to use your credentials, you can see the source code here https://github.com/ColinMcNeil/TP-Link-WebApp
Options
2018-05-29 18:51:50
The web app offers flexibility for users in case of remote access. The steps of configuring the browser plugins helped to configure the account without much fuss. Do share such questions and answers so that people could explore more possibilities. professional photo editing service
Options
2018-09-05 00:23:48
Hi Hellen (btw, the usual spelling is "Helen"), so good to hear from you again so soon as well as so often! Do you know taylorshaw? You seem to have some interests in common such as spreading really poorly disguised spam throughout this community. Please email him directly to hook up. He might even be more excited if you can "private" message him ;). You may try contacting the TP Link administrators directly as well, perhaps they're interested in "sharing more" about your directv packages? I think many people hope that you do.
Options
2019-06-05 14:44:51

الديكور الداخلي هو أهم شيء يجب أن تعطيه أهمية حقيقية، نحن في موقعنا المخصص لجميع ديكورات غرف نوم نركز بشكل كبير حول الديكور الداخلي الخاص بالغرف، اليوم سنتكلم عن ديكورات حديثة لغرف الأطفال مع تصميمات جديدة كليا عن ما عهدتم مشاهدته، الشيء الجميل في هذه الديكورات هو أنها حديثة كليا، حيث ستستمعون بها وتأخذون فكرة عن كيفية تنسيق غرف نوم أطفالكم، أو على الأقل كيف تقومون بتحديثها كما تريدون. هنا نتكلم عن ديكورات وبألوان متعددة نعلم أنها ستنال اعجابكم كثيرا.

Options
2019-06-10 10:19:04

Hello, thanks for this article. I wanted to buy smart bulbs as well so I decided to read the comments and feedback, in order to know whether I need to buy it or not. In case you face some problems you would better address for professional assistance. When I needed excel homework help I also addressed the professionals and got adequate help.

Options