Archer C7 WDS off C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 WDS off C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C7 WDS off C9
Archer C7 WDS off C9
2017-01-03 13:46:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I currently am using a C9 as my main (root) router with guest network enabled and am trying to bridge that guest network using the wds on a C7. I am not overly familiar with how wireless bridging works. Also, with the bridged network, there are many areas of my house where the two routers would overlap.

My question is that how exactly is the connection handled when someone connected to the guest network is in the overlap area between the C9 and C7? Will the devices connect to which ever is stronger? Also, if a device starts off near the C9 then moves to the fringes where the C9 cannot reach it but the C7 can, is there a handoff happening or is it basically disconnecting from the original connection then reconnecting to the new connection?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 WDS off C9
2017-01-03 15:05:30
What you're talking is related to wireless roaming between two wireless routers.
Actually since these two routers are not a set of products, devices cannot achieve seamless roaming between them.

However, if you set the wireless network names of the two routers as the same, then devices will disconnect from the previous one and connect to the other one. It depends on the brand of devices.
In this case, usually at the first connect, the device will choose the stronger signal to connect and won't disconnect from it until the device can hardly find the signal. Then it will disconnect and again choose the stronger signal to connect.
For example, if your smartphone is connected to C9 at first, then when you move to a location that can hardly find the signal of C9 but find signal of C7, then the device will disconnect from C9 and reconnect to C7.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1