Archer C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
155 Reply
Re:Archer C7 router crashed by Dell laptop with Killer adapter
2017-01-12 17:41:06

dcortecchia wrote

Nope, after about one hour of hd streaming, wifi crashed again...

Then it's recommended to submit a ticket to TP-Link for further help. Describe your question , troubleshooting including the beta firmware etc.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/
Options
2017-01-17 10:39:36
tplink,

I have a Canadian version C7(CA) and experiencing the same issues connnection a laptop with Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A adapter. Is there a Canadian version of the beta firmware that is supposed to fix the issue? Can a flash a US or EU version? Will it brick my router? What's the best course of actions for me?

Thanks,
Options
2017-01-18 13:51:40
Same problem here. I can reproduce the problem quite regularly. Basically, if you only use the wifi lightly it will be fine. But once you max out the wifi, it will crash the router. For me to make the router crash, I just boot up the laptop. Go to a network share, and transfer a large file (1GB+) from 1 network share to another. It'll crash the router within a min. If for some reason it doesn't, then while the file is transferring, go to beta.speedtest.net and do a network speed test while the transfer is going on in the background. It then crashes (almost 100% certainly while doing the upload test). I'm on a:

TP-Link Archer C7 v2 ( Canadian version (CA))
Laptop: Dell XPS 9360 (Kabe Lake) - Latest BIOS
Wireless: Killer Wifi 1535 - Latest Drivers (both tried Dell's latest, and Killers Latest).

I can't use the beta TP-LINK firmware cuz I'm on the CA edition...

Seems to me the issue is with the Killer Wifi, not playing nicely, as my Archer C7 had like a 250 day uptime, then crashed over 8 times since xmas with this new laptop. That said, TP-Link (& QCA) is a bit at fault, as their router shouldn't crash when one of the clients is not playing nicely.

TP-Link needs to provide a stable firmware update ASAP so that their router doesn't crash with naughty clients. And Killer needs to provide an update Driver ASAP so their WINDOWS CLIENTS don't be naughty and crash AP's.
Options
2017-01-18 15:27:13

codster wrote

Same problem here. I can reproduce the problem quite regularly. Basically, if you only use the wifi lightly it will be fine. But once you max out the wifi, it will crash the router. For me to make the router crash, I just boot up the laptop. Go to a network share, and transfer a large file (1GB+) from 1 network share to another. It'll crash the router within a min. If for some reason it doesn't, then while the file is transferring, go to beta.speedtest.net and do a network speed test while the transfer is going on in the background. It then crashes (almost 100% certainly while doing the upload test). I'm on a:

TP-Link Archer C7 v2 ( Canadian version (CA))
Laptop: Dell XPS 9360 (Kabe Lake) - Latest BIOS
Wireless: Killer Wifi 1535 - Latest Drivers (both tried Dell's latest, and Killers Latest).

I can't use the beta TP-LINK firmware cuz I'm on the CA edition...

Seems to me the issue is with the Killer Wifi, not playing nicely, as my Archer C7 had like a 250 day uptime, then crashed over 8 times since xmas with this new laptop. That said, TP-Link (& QCA) is a bit at fault, as their router shouldn't crash when one of the clients is not playing nicely.

TP-Link needs to provide a stable firmware update ASAP so that their router doesn't crash with naughty clients. And Killer needs to provide an update Driver ASAP so their WINDOWS CLIENTS don't be naughty and crash AP's.

We got a beta firmware of CA version. Just uploaded to google drive.
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_knhzOkERiaNE1Kd2w1OTduek0
Please check and install on your Archer C7 V2.

In addition, could you please provide the driver version of the Killer adapter?
Options
2017-01-18 23:30:40

tplink wrote

We got a beta firmware of CA version. Just uploaded to google drive.
Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_knhzOkERiaNE1Kd2w1OTduek0
Please check and install on your Archer C7 V2.

In addition, could you please provide the driver version of the Killer adapter?

Thanks! I'll try to test it asap. Sure the Killer Adapter Drivers I tested were:

Latest from Dell's Site: Version 1.1.64.1312, A02 - Listed under Device Manager as qcamain10x64.sys Driver Version: 12.0.0.279
http://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=XDP7J&fileId=3592908111&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-13-9360-laptop&languageCode=en&categoryId=NI

Latest from Killer's Site: Version: 1.1.65.1752 - Listed under Device Manager as qcamain10x64.sys Driver Version: 12.0.0.285
http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/item/e2200-e2400-wireless

I tested both adapter drivers, and both provided the same error on the old tplink firmware. I haven't tested the tplink beta firmware yet..
Options
2017-01-20 14:27:53
I have tried a beta firmware and it works for Archer D7.
If you have the same problem,you can try it.

Firmware Download link:
http://static.tp-link.com/resources/software/Archer_D7_Beta_V1_160708.zip
Options
2017-01-22 15:54:16
I bought this router (c7) at Xmas time and the thing has been driving me nuts. Router just crashed everytime, shortly after using my laptop with the infamous Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A network card. I was using the latest Canadian v2 firmware which was the 161031. Thank goodness I stumbled upon this thread , as the people I opened a ticket with had no clue. With that said, I installed the latest beta for Canada and the router is running admirably, besides the random occasional drops with my Nexus 6p. I am getting great speeds both wired and wireless with good range. Any idea when this beta will be finalized? Thanks for sharing your stories everyone! If it wasn't for people like you, these thing would never get resolved. Also thanks for the beta, admin. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to future releases.
Options
2017-01-23 05:10:30
I seem to have this same issue; didn't occur to me until now that it might be related to my work laptop, but that could explain the intermittent nature of the problem. Please confirm whether I should try the beta (and which version):
Archer C7 v2
Dell XPS 13 (Killer Wireless -n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter)
Options
2017-01-23 05:53:52
Thanks for the upload, tplink. Fixed the crashes for me as well. :D
Options
2017-01-23 08:27:07
If you are in Canada use this one for your v2 Archer C7. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...E1Kd2w1OTduek0Let us know how you make out!
Options