Password Recovery Email SMTP Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-06 23:12:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can someone please provide some information on how to setup the SMTP server information so that I can enable the password recovery of my Archer C2600?
There doesn't seem to be enough configuration options to successfully configure an SMTP server such as smtp.gmail.com and the port etc...there is no place to provide a port and SSL type etc.

The TP-Link Camera has a nice setup and test that actually works, why doesn't this router?
Options
7 Reply
Re:Password Recovery Email SMTP Setup
2017-01-07 16:33:32
I suggest to use a mailbox without SSL encryption to try.
Options
2019-10-31 20:28:34

@NowhereMan You cannot use an SMTP server that requires encryption.

Basically you can only use ones that accept authentication on port 25.

Options
2020-03-26 16:28:44 - last edited 2020-03-26 16:38:17

Is there an SMTP mail service on the planet that will let you use their SMTP server without secure authentication? Even my own email accounts on my shared hosting account does not allow port 25.

I have an Archer AX1500 with this same issue and I know of no way around it.  Additionally, the password field is blanked out after saving, so it's completely unclear if the SMTP password is saved or even being used at all.

Click to see my thread with screenshots

Options
2020-05-02 14:44:35

@Sparky672 Why would any company not use standard encryption is beyond comprehension.  

Options
2020-05-02 14:52:35

blubber wrote

@Sparky672 Why would any company not use standard encryption is beyond comprehension.  

@blubber 

They are clueless!  The TP Link engineer that contacted me directly about this problem specifically told me to use an email service without encryption...  

This is Fitz senior engineer from TP-Link support who gonna help with your problem~
May I ask if you have an email service that doesn't support SSL and TLS?
You can use that email address to give it a try to see if the recovery email can be sent correctly.

When I told him that I know of no such thing...

After getting your reply, I get to check with my leader and our RD engineer further about this matter.
This advice to add TLS/SSL support in this function has been uploaded before, but due to multiple reasons, this function cannot be handled properly.
I will follow your advice to communicate with our PM and RD engineer for analyzing if we can remove this function instead.
Thanks for your valued feedback and support with us!

frown

Options
2020-05-02 14:56:53
I’m going to get on Twitter and maybe they will provide a remedy
Options
2021-04-10 20:30:32

@NowhereMan Not mentioned in this thread is that the same instructions, including the SMTP server, exist for the configuration option of either manually or automatically emailing copies of logs.  Attempting to use this function after following the clearly provided english instructions is futile.  It does not work.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1662

Replies: 7