LB130 + Kasa vs Hue Gen3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

LB130 + Kasa vs Hue Gen3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
LB130 + Kasa vs Hue Gen3
LB130 + Kasa vs Hue Gen3
2017-01-11 05:30:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey all, as a lighting designer, I have been waiting a long time for wireless light bubs to get to a point at which you can't see flicker and good colour rendering.

I've purchased a Hue Gen3 System and 3 LB130 bulbs for a side by side comparison. After using both systems for a week, I LOVE the intense colour and brightness I can achieve with the LB130 bulbs. However, I'd like a little bit more control over the bulbs than the Kasa app can give me at this time.

Here are a few things that I have some questions/ about:
-Is it possible to set a fade time on the bulbs so when I select a scene, my lamps will fade on and off instead of snapping on and off?
-Is there a 3rd party app that I can use to create effects etc? I like the amount of control I get via HUE and HUE Pro applications vs KASA.

I am ready to convert my entire home to LB130 lamps, as well as recommending and installing these in my customer's homes as well.

Should I wait until these features are available in Kasa? I really don't like the Hue lamps and the colour output. Convince me to stick with the TP-Link Bulbs!

Ben
www.freshflamingo.com
Options
2 Reply
Re:LB130 + Kasa vs Hue Gen3
2017-01-18 07:32:31
I would also like these features added - I currently have a smart bulb but am considering returning it before I buy into one system more. They seem very solid but not very feature rich.
Options
Re:LB130 + Kasa vs Hue Gen3
2017-01-21 23:15:12

FreshFlamingo wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey all, as a lighting designer, I have been waiting a long time for wireless light bubs to get to a point at which you can't see flicker and good colour rendering.

I've purchased a Hue Gen3 System and 3 LB130 bulbs for a side by side comparison. After using both systems for a week, I LOVE the intense colour and brightness I can achieve with the LB130 bulbs. However, I'd like a little bit more control over the bulbs than the Kasa app can give me at this time.

Here are a few things that I have some questions/ about:
-Is it possible to set a fade time on the bulbs so when I select a scene, my lamps will fade on and off instead of snapping on and off?
-Is there a 3rd party app that I can use to create effects etc? I like the amount of control I get via HUE and HUE Pro applications vs KASA.

I am ready to convert my entire home to LB130 lamps, as well as recommending and installing these in my customer's homes as well.

Should I wait until these features are available in Kasa? I really don't like the Hue lamps and the colour output. Convince me to stick with the TP-Link Bulbs!

Ben
www.freshflamingo.com

HELLO Support,

I think you guys should listen to this guy...... look at his website www.freshflamingo.com.

VERY VERY Nice.... A lot of money to be made here.

TP-Link.... let's get going.

The kasa app is great and works well....

Just integrate the color control features in the app (and make it compatible with IFTTT) and your business will explode !

Chas
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 874

Replies: 2