2 HS100s not recognized by Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2 HS100s not recognized by Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:2 HS100s not recognized by Alexa
2017-03-02 18:11:32

MikeAgner wrote

Shut off the power to your router, wait about 5 seconds, then power it back up. Evidently the keywords that Alexa recognizes are very much a hit or miss kind of thing; I can't find anywhere where this is documented. Unfortunately Alexa customer support was useless. Mike

Thanks very much for help :)
Actually the weirdest thing happened... I went to bed after a very frustrating evening when I was trying to get this thing to work... went to work, got back home and asked Alexa to discover devices... I didn't think it would but it actually did find it! And not only the TP-Link plug but also my Logitech Harmony remote ;)
Options
2017-03-03 10:20:07
I'm having a similar issue with 2 HS110s. I tried removing the tp link app in the Alexa app. That was after trying to discover the devices, which didn't work. The Kasa app works, but I can't even get the tp link app enabled again in Alexa or through Amazon.com. It gives me a 500 Internal Server Error so it sounds like something is wrong on tp link's side. The reviews on Amazon show a lot of people having the same issue starting today. This all worked fine this morning.
Options
2017-03-03 12:12:39
I am totally confused. my TP-link Kasa and Alexa have been working just fine since December 2016. I use it to put on and turn off a lamp. It is the H100 and it just stoped working? It shows OFFLINE? What is going on. Can someone help. I cannot not even enable the TP-Link again after I disabled it to try to get it to work. The site is down or not working. Shows a 500 error??
Please help

Thank You
Options
2017-03-05 21:02:30
If you read the numerous other threads on this forum, you will find that TP Link suffered a catastrophic failure of their cloud server. It's still, as far as I can tell, still down at this writing. Why they didn't have a backup server ready in case of this is beyond mind-boggling. They were up front about it, as at least some of us got an email from TP Link about it Mike
Options