ONVIF unusable on NC230

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ONVIF unusable on NC230

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ONVIF unusable on NC230
ONVIF unusable on NC230
2017-04-02 11:15:22
Model : NC230

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 160321 Rel.27531

ISP :

Hi there,

Today I picked up a TP-LINK NC230 camera for some indoor security coverage of my garage. I did this because I've got a number of older TP-LINK cameras and their ONVIF support allowed me to use them without configuration on a Hikvision NVR. I'm not interested in the "Cloud" function as I already have the NVR set up for viewing from anywhere in the world.

However, when I attempted to use the camera, same as the older ones I had, it didn't work. "ONVIF Device Manager" detects the device and indicates that the device is regularly returning 400 Bad Request for services it advertised and for video streams the profiles it advertises don't work at all. Is there a solution or do I need to return the camera (and possibly switch to another brand?) I won't deny I'd be disappointed, the older cameras are great!

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:ONVIF unusable on NC230
2017-07-11 17:40:21
generic onvif with limited capability (no sound) is supported (NC220/230) on my Synology NAS

electric_monk wrote

Model : NC230

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.5 Build 160321 Rel.27531

ISP :

Hi there,

Today I picked up a TP-LINK NC230 camera for some indoor security coverage of my garage. I did this because I've got a number of older TP-LINK cameras and their ONVIF support allowed me to use them without configuration on a Hikvision NVR. I'm not interested in the "Cloud" function as I already have the NVR set up for viewing from anywhere in the world.

However, when I attempted to use the camera, same as the older ones I had, it didn't work. "ONVIF Device Manager" detects the device and indicates that the device is regularly returning 400 Bad Request for services it advertised and for video streams the profiles it advertises don't work at all. Is there a solution or do I need to return the camera (and possibly switch to another brand?) I won't deny I'd be disappointed, the older cameras are great!

Thanks!
Options
Re:ONVIF unusable on NC230
2017-07-13 15:20:26
I think that it is better to return it as they don't support onvif but NC450 and nc260 will do it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1046

Replies: 2