Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet backhaul
Ethernet backhaul
2017-04-20 11:46:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I see no performance increase when connecting deco's via Ethernet, I don't think is working that way.
Options
16 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul
2017-04-22 21:09:50
That's not good as that's why I was going to use these. Doesn't look like you can forward ports either.
Options
2017-04-23 05:15:14
Oh great.. This is why I ordered it for this feature. It doesn't look like you can forward ports either. Guess I'm sending this device back.
Options
2017-04-25 08:39:17
Deco actually supports the Ethernet Backhaul feature.
However, you need to upgrade to the latest firmware version(170330) at first.
Options
2017-04-27 10:06:03
Yes ethernet backhaul is working. Hopefully they get the port forwarding fixed
Options
2017-05-02 11:06:53

dbmet wrote

Yes ethernet backhaul is working. Hopefully they get the port forwarding fixed

As for port forwarding, it's not a problem but a new feature for Deco M5. It will soon be added in future firmware releases. Please pay attention to any firmware updates.
Thanks.
Options
2017-05-02 20:25:36
That's ok I took the system back. It was fast but I had Too many devices that wouldn't connect and no port forwarding. Parental controls didn't work either. I scheduled them but the system wouldn't pause anything.
Options
2017-05-03 10:03:43

dbmet wrote

That's ok I took the system back. It was fast but I had Too many devices that wouldn't connect and no port forwarding. Parental controls didn't work either. I scheduled them but the system wouldn't pause anything.

1. Too many devices that wouldn't connect
May I know exactly what devices wouldn't connect?

2. Parental controls didn't work either.
Please tell me what kind of demand you want to achieve with Parental Control. And your detailed settings about that.
Note: If you want to block a specific website, you need to type in the full domain name of the website due to Trend Micro's filter policy. For example, if you want to block access to Google's home page, then you need to type in www.google.com.
Options
2017-05-03 10:13:57
1. Netgear wnce2001 wouldn't connect, Brother Printer wouldn't connect, Carrier infinity Thermostat wouldn't connect

2. Time based bedtime parental control wouldn't pause the devices. I set up 3 different devices and none of them would pause.
Options
2017-05-03 10:48:43
1. Netgear wnce2001 wouldn't connect, Brother Printer wouldn't connect, Carrier infinity Thermostat wouldn't connect
Deco supports WPA/WPA2 as the wireless security type. Please make sure all these devices are WPA/WPA2 capable. If not, try to connect the device to Deco M5 with an Ethernet cable.

Time based bedtime parental control wouldn't pause the devices. I set up 3 different devices and none of them would pause.
As we know, the bed time is the period during which devices cannot get internet access. The time setting is based on the time of your phone and will automatically switch to daylight mode according to actual location.
Please check this point. In addition, please also check that if the devices have automatically switch to other wifi signals or get cellular data.
[COLOR=#333333]
Options
2017-05-03 20:17:35
1. All device support wpa/wpa2. You can't run a cable and connect it to air conditioner thermostat like a nest or the wnce2001. The printer I can connect with cable. 2. Phone time is accurate as it automatically updates the time from the towersLooks like y'all need some beta testers for this product

TP-Link Deco wrote

1. Netgear wnce2001 wouldn't connect, Brother Printer wouldn't connect, Carrier infinity Thermostat wouldn't connect Deco supports WPA/WPA2 as the wireless security type. Please make sure all these devices are WPA/WPA2 capable. If not, try to connect the device to Deco M5 with an Ethernet cable. 2. Time based bedtime parental control wouldn't pause the devices. I set up 3 different devices and none of them would pause. [COLOR=#0000ff]As we know, the bed time is the period during which devices cannot get internet access. The time setting is based on the time of your phone and will automatically switch to daylight mode according to actual location.Please check this point. In addition, please also check that if the devices have automatically switch to other wifi signals or get cellular data.[COLOR=#333333]
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2835

Replies: 16

Related Articles