TC-7610 frequently drops connection to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-04-21 00:20:42
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had my TC-7610 modem for several months now, and during the last month or so I've been having intermittent problems with the connection getting dropped. Restarting the modem by unplugging and plugging it back in fixes the problem, until it happens again. Sometimes I can go days with no problem, other times it loses it's connection several times a day. I am using this modem with my Cox Cable internet service, and use it on a variety of devices, including a Windows 10 PC, and via WiFi on a Roku box, Amazon Echo, smart phone, etc.

I previously used a modem rented from the cable provider, and did not have this problem.
Options
12 Reply
Re:TC-7610 frequently drops connection to internet
2017-05-09 11:38:06
I just bought one today. I think Its going right back tomorrow after visiting this site. I've spent the last hour trying to register It and there seems to be a problem preventing me from doing that no matter what I do. I don't like anything that doesn't go smoothly.
Options
2017-05-12 07:59:09
I am having the same issue with my connection dropping frequently over the past couple of weeks. No issue before that. Any solution?
Options
Sounds like the same issue I am having with my CR700 modem router.
2017-05-14 22:22:53
I loose WiFi connection to every device in the house (Amazon echo, Nest thermostat, roku, etc). I unplug for about 10 sec and back to normal for a little while. This just started a couple days ago. Fine for the first 4 mths using it. Researched on-line and others are having similar problems. Fix is either updating driver on devices (doubt every device in the house needs updated at the same time) or updating firmware on the router. Problem is I can't find firmware update on the TP-Link website, unless GPL is the same as firmware. If it is, then I have the latest according to what is posted on the GPL download. Any suggestions?
Options
2017-05-14 22:28:56
I have the same issue with my CR700 modem router. Worked great for about 4 months, then a couple days ago started losing WiFi connection to every device in the house (Echo, Nest, Roku, etc...). Haven't had time to mess with it, so just been resetting (unplug for 10 sec). Logged into router this morning and everything seems fine. Checked for firmware updates on the TP-Link website and I have the latest firmware release (assuming GPL is the firmware). Has anyone found resolution to this yet?
Options
2017-06-09 10:40:56
My problem with the TC-7620 version is that it wont hold the IpV6 connection and the system log shows error: No ranging response - time out error. No help from TP-Link. Technology has become all about the sale, there is no focus on customer service and technical support. We are forced to send back, take back and trial and error until you get something that closely works as advertised.
Options
2017-06-30 11:41:16

louis_cr wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had my TC-7610 modem for several months now, and during the last month or so I've been having intermittent problems with the connection getting dropped. Restarting the modem by unplugging and plugging it back in fixes the problem, until it happens again. Sometimes I can go days with no problem, other times it loses it's connection several times a day. I am using this modem with my Cox Cable internet service, and use it on a variety of devices, including a Windows 10 PC, and via WiFi on a Roku box, Amazon Echo, smart phone, etc.

I previously used a modem rented from the cable provider, and did not have this problem.

Hi, did you check the LED lights when the connection dropped? Did you try connect your computer to the modem directly with an Ethernet cable to test the connection? It's better to do that to see whether the problem is on the modem or the router.
Options
2017-06-30 11:47:55

JDub7 wrote

I loose WiFi connection to every device in the house (Amazon echo, Nest thermostat, roku, etc). I unplug for about 10 sec and back to normal for a little while. This just started a couple days ago. Fine for the first 4 mths using it. Researched on-line and others are having similar problems. Fix is either updating driver on devices (doubt every device in the house needs updated at the same time) or updating firmware on the router. Problem is I can't find firmware update on the TP-Link website, unless GPL is the same as firmware. If it is, then I have the latest according to what is posted on the GPL download. Any suggestions?

The firmware for cable modem/router can only be pushed from the Internet Provider side, we are not able to update it by ourselves, so there is no firmware on TP-Link website.
Options
2017-06-30 14:03:52

tukj1958 wrote

My problem with the TC-7620 version is that it wont hold the IpV6 connection and the system log shows error: No ranging response - time out error. No help from TP-Link. Technology has become all about the sale, there is no focus on customer service and technical support. We are forced to send back, take back and trial and error until you get something that closely works as advertised.

You can initiate a ticket to TP-Link support, they are very helpful. http://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support#E-mail-Support
Options
Disable power save mode
2017-07-06 08:48:25
I'm using the TC-W7690, which appears to be in the same device family. I can't guarantee this will solve the issue you're experiencing, but I was often unable to reach the internet despite being connected to the network. Often, attempting to disconnect and reconnect to the network failed. So far, the solution was to disable Power Save Mode. Steps as follows:

1) Login at 192.168.1.1 (your router IP may be different)
2) Click "Wireless," then "Advanced"
3) Click "Wireless 2.4G" (My only option for this router. You may also have a 5GHz antenna)
4) Click "Wireless Advanced"
5) Disable the checkbox for " Enable Power Save Support" and click the Save button.

It's been stable since, but I'll report back if anything changes.

-Duck
Options
2017-08-26 03:56:41
There's no similar setting for the TP-7610.
It is a VERY limited device.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4333

Replies: 12