N300 - stuck on "Obtaining IP address"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-13 13:20:57
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey all - interesting situation here. I'm using an N300 (TL-WR841N) as a wireless access point. There is *no* internet access - this is on a closed network that is several IP cameras and a PC that acts as a digital recorder. With the N300, I'm able to view the cameras in realtime.

Or I was.

I got this set up perhaps two years ago, but something wasn't right. I was able to connect to the router itself by going to the router's IP address in a browser on the PC, but not through the router, for instance putting the same IP into a browser on a mobile device. I called tech support and after several attempts, they had me change something in the router settings and it WORKED!!

Unfortunately, something quit working and I reset the router trying to fix it, and I'm back to where I started. I've called tech support several times but no luck yet. I am able to see the router on a wireless device and connect to it - but then it says "Obtaining IP address" and I'm never able to get any further.

I'd be most grateful for help sorting this out!!

MANY thanks!!
Options
3 Reply
Re:N300 - stuck on "Obtaining IP address"
2017-05-21 04:11:25
Hey Kevsh - thanks so much for the reply and sorry it took me so long to try it! I did try enabling Internet Access Control and allowing packets, but I still had the same trouble.

I understand that in hindsight this might not be exactly the right piece of equipment, but it has been functioning perfectly for about two years! I know it's just some setting buried somewhere. Would be very grateful for any other ideas!

Many thanks!
Options
2017-06-07 21:56:31
Finally had an hour to be on the phone with tech support - and FIXED it!! DHCP was disabled, and as soon as it was enabled, it began working like it always had. Hurrah!
Options
2021-06-20 15:59:19 - last edited 2021-06-20 15:59:39

@theTastyCat 

Hey! I had also faced the same issue “WIFI stuck on obtaining IP address” while trying to connect my device via WI-FI. Then my best friend had suggested me one helpful article on how to fix WIFI stuck on obtaining IP address. This post had really helped me out to get rid of this issue. Thanks a lot!!!

To know more: https://recover-androiddata.com/fix-wifi-stuck-on-obtaining-ip-address-android/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 8285

Replies: 3