Archer C7 makes 2,689 request to www.tp-link.com per day with no user action taken.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 makes 2,689 request to www.tp-link.com per day with no user action taken.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-23 22:38:58
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

What the heck is my C7 trying to report on me? There is no reason my router should be pinging home that many times in a single day, ever... There is no subscription service attached to this device. If it is checking for firmware updates, do it once daily. My C7 isn't doing DHCP or DNS, as I have that being managed by another device on my network, again, another reason it does not need to ping home.

I don't need it snooping and reporting my activity, so I've taken to blacklisting the domain. What is it doing?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 makes 2,689 request to www.tp-link.com per day with no user action taken.
2017-05-25 21:23:20
Anyone??
Options
Re:Archer C7 makes 2,689 request to www.tp-link.com per day with no user action taken.
2019-01-29 15:35:12

Yeah I'm seeing the same thing.  And from what I can tell this router does not automatically check for firmware updates.  So TP-Link tech support if you watch these forums at all why does the Archer C7 connect to www.tp-link.com so much when no one is purposely visiting that site?  Does the router phone home?  If so what is it sending?  Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 2